Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Genuinely impressed by the total area on the chart taken up by the 40k ships, it slightly mis represents the numbers, but the Imperium have got some really massive ships!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I never thought a Kroot warsphere was as big as or bigger than even the biggest Imperial capitol ships. I wonder what they used as reference for that?
According to the original link i got on my FB feed, it's a piece of work by a German artist named Dirk Lochel and he's researched wikis and forums.

Link to the scientific american (?) article.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Very interesting. Something I wish the chart told you was how commonplace the vessels were in their respective universe. Almost every one of those Super Star Destroyers from Star Wars was a one-off. A couple designs might have had a half dozen made. I also always thought Borg Cubes were much bigger, even compared to Federation ships. But the Federation ships seem the most practically sized.

·
Ranty ranter!
2,262 Posts
I never thought a Kroot warsphere was as big as or bigger than even the biggest Imperial capitol ships. I wonder what they used as reference for that?
They were described in some Andy Chambers story or article I can't remember to be bigger than the biggest Ork ships, their biggest rival, due to necessity. As they didn't have the means to outmatch them by simply making a better ship in other aspects. So size was the only option to get more survivability and firepower.

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
I'm ashamed to say I only recognise about 1/3rd of that chart. That's a mammoth undertaking for somebody to do. Much respect.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts