Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, I was thinking of starting a small Sisters of Battle army. But I was wondering, how hard are they to actually play as? Because I would rank myself as about 7/10 on how good I am at Warhammer 40k. But I really like the look of them.

If you recommend it, could you try and suggest a basic 500pt list so I can try them out?

Cheers,
Shas'o Thraka

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
I wouldn't recommend playing sisters of battle at 500 points. They don't seem to do well there. Sisters of battle are a hard army to learn (but not as hard as eldar or dark eldar). You need to know when to use certain acts of faiths. Once you've learned the army though they can be pretty tough and hard to beat. Their not the best army but they are pretty good.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks Necrosis. By 500pts I meant a small 'test' army to see if I like them or not. I suppose I could buy the codex then use count-as......

cheers,
shas'o Thraka

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
I would wait till the new dex comes out as we have metal models and they let the sisters down before you get onto the shitty 2nd ed codex.
Long time sisters player.
D

·
Registered
323 Posts
My son plays SOB and does very well but I do suggest as others have that you wait a bit and perhaps borrow a codex and play a few games "counts as" to see if you can handle them first. The metal models are very nice and I love the Penitent Engines (very Gothic) although they are a bit of a pain to build. Good Luck!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok cheers, I was wondering, does anyone have a rough idea of when the new codex is coming out?

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
dude i would wait as well but being a sister player for the past 4 years or so ill say this 500 pt is easy use most;y troops and 2 exorcists im not sure whats gonna change with them but right now u want go to about 2000 mainly u wanna include 3 exos and 3 squads of arcos

1 - 8 of 8 Posts