Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

281 - 300 of 486 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts

From the iTunes page. Martyrdom. That's new. Given her current status, it better be something good... that or the armoury. Sadly, I can't open the preview fragment to see if there's more due to lack of an iPad.
Oh come now, still 65 points? That's bullshit.

Her faith power and this Martyrdom thing better get boosted through the roof and make people scream "CHEESE!" all over the internet. The 10 points discount on the rosarius is nice, but the canoness needed 20 off herself.

·
Jeepers
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #284
Dear mother of God. I checked out the Sisters bundles hoping they may have gone back to the box of Sisters for this release. But my god. Those bundles just prove how expensive Sisters are to collect. Further reaffirming my belief this release won't encourage new Sisters players. I don't believe they are dead and all this crap, just that this release is for the current Sisters players. Because at those prices you won't get many new players in, leaving just the current Sisters players to buy this digital book. Sadly I know of many Sisters players who won't buy this book for that reason.

Still im loving the Sisters art. Can't wait to buy it even if I think the price is a tad steep.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I would think that it would be more along the lines of 'take a leadership if passed all sisters in x gain (something good)', I don't think it will be anything that can hurt your army.

(something good)=reroll to wound, preferred enemy, or etc.
Don't be too sure. In C:WH is was "Gain the Faith Points you originally got for this model when she dies", which was situationally good but not normally desirable. Given the name, this is likely another effect that triggers when she (or something else friendly?) bites it.

Zion: I'm noticing that GW is reusing a whole lot of artwork I thought to be FFG's...

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
Oh come now, still 65 points? That's bullshit.

Her faith power and this Martyrdom thing better get boosted through the roof and make people scream "CHEESE!" all over the internet. The 10 points discount on the rosarius is nice, but the canoness needed 20 off herself.
Yeah, being the same base cost as a Chaos Lord is not good.

Dear mother of God. I checked out the Sisters bundles hoping they may have gone back to the box of Sisters for this release. But my god. Those bundles just prove how expensive Sisters are to collect. Further reaffirming my belief this release won't encourage new Sisters players. I don't believe they are dead and all this crap, just that this release is for the current Sisters players. Because at those prices you won't get many new players in, leaving just the current Sisters players to buy this digital book. Sadly I know of many Sisters players who won't buy this book for that reason.

Still im loving the Sisters art. Can't wait to buy it even if I think the price is a tad steep.
The higher availability of the codex and the smaller unit size might result in a bump in Sisters allies though.

But no, I don't see it kicking off any new full sized Sisters armies.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
thanks. i have an ipad so i will use ibooks.

i would have thought GW would have done this one click in finecast to attract players.
But that would've taken more than the hour or so it took to get the one-clicks together.

My current pet theory is that Robin Cruddace is doing all the work on Sororitas in his spare time, only getting us even this much through liberal use of favors and blackmail. :wink:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Is there anything in the codex which could let me use the FW arbiter with cyber mastiff?
Doubtful,why would there be? The one group has little to do with the other despite having been lumped together in Codex Witch Hunter. Given what I have seen so far, I doubt there will be any new units or new unit pricing given that Battle Sisters and The Canoness are the same price they were before.

·
Premium Member
1,705 Posts
Is there anything in the codex which could let me use the FW arbiter with cyber mastiff?
A Missionary? A priest? The mastiff as stand-in for an assassin or crusader? There's unlikely to be a direct translation, but with a bit of imagination... After all, all my tanks are dinosaurs...

·
Registered
351 Posts
Sororitas and Arbites do work together on occasion as their roles do overlap to a degree.
But then every militant group in the Imperium has overlapping roles with at least several other organisations.

There is an official fluff piece about the Sisters and Arbites, the origin of the Sisters's Rhino variant, the Repressor.

The Repressor is originally an Arbite only Rhino variant but after some massive battle where the Sisters used them to great effect, the Arbites gifted the Sisterhood with permission to use the design also. (Though the Sisters replaced the Web Shooter and Gas-grenade Launcher with a Flamer and Storm Bolter)

Also, BL has a novel about the Arbites, Enforcer by Matthew Farrer, that has a little on the Arbite-Sororita relationship.

But as far as Codices are concerned; I hope the only non-Sororita elements present are Ecclesiarchy.

No Arbites.
No Inquisition.
No 'Forces of the Imperium'.
No 'We ran out of ideas so lets share the dex with another faction we want to start pushing'.

I also hope that even that is kept to a max one third, preferably less, of the total units and elements.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Also, BL has a novel about the Arbites, Enforcer by Matthew Farrer, that has a little on the Arbite-Sororita relationship.
In the 1st SoB book the sisters were called in to interrogate a prisoner, although the sisters were the ones to capture them..

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
Guess I'd kind of like to do a planetary defence force a long with some sisters. Just A, I don't want them to look like Cadians and B, the Sisters of Battle are damn expensive.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
you know, to go off topic a bit this is something i just don't get.

You get fake space marines day in and day out, not to knock them you understand, (anvil industry pretty good stuff) but why do we not get ANY alternate sister models despite there being almost no viable competition for them?

I mean look at the price on the pewter sisters! you think some one would try for a plastic version to get in that unprotected niche.

281 - 300 of 486 Posts