Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

261 - 280 of 486 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Let's see what the whole thing does now. I'll be happy if the Canoness and retinue are worth taking...
Tell me about it, I play a canoness and it never fails to be an utter waste of points every game.

Seriously, somebody explain me how that thing is worth as much as a chaos lord. Please.

·
Registered
136 Posts
True, but what you have to bear in mind is that the WDdex was written for 6th, and when penned the rulebook was finished and ready to go to pre-production. So in the writers eyes, they were always that way in this version. I remember playing a game against Phil just before the WDdex came out, and he was very confused about what things did, and how 40k worked in 5th.

Once they'd written it, they would have gotten someone else to go through it and change names back to 5th ed versions.
That's interesting. I noted when the codex came out that the writers were not playing the same game as me. Turns out I was right. In fact I was downright pissed about the whole thing. It turned out to be significantly more effective once 6th hit.

·
Registered
423 Posts
It has two things a Chaos Lord doesn't have....I hope.
Boobs are all well and good, but they dont really have an in-game effect.

Actually, there are two scenarios I can think of:

1) The Cannoness is in a Rhino that gets into a front-end collision and the boobs function as air-bags, thereby allowing her to survive and continue the persecution of the Emperor's enemies.

2) Your girlfriend walks in while you are in the middle of a battle, and the prescence of a biological female in the room serves as so much of a distraction for your socially-inexperienced opponent that he cant keep his mind on the match and is gloriously crushed.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Well I guess I have to take back getting screwed vs SM, as they pay +10 points also for their veteran. Now don't get me wrong I think both of them are still way over priced, but at least they are the same.

I guess there is hope for 10 Heavy Flamers, but probably not the Condemnor Boltgun.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
In the WDdex both Repentia and Penitent Engines got a lot better than in C:WH. For one, Repentia could ride in tanks. And Engines could get double digits of attacks in combat... Plus Rage no longer meant they had to charge pellmell, but instead just got extra attacks :)

Let's see what the whole thing does now. I'll be happy if the Canoness and retinue are worth taking...
I decided to dust off an old text file and finally finish and post it - has some thoughts on all the stuff in the WDex. Might be interesting to see what other people think while it's still semi-relevant.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
It's up. http://www.blacklibrary.com/games-workshop-digital-editions/Codex-Adepta-Sororitas.html

20 pounds, 26 Euro, and for the dollar crowd it's 33 US, 35 Canadian, and a happy Screw You Again Australia at 40 Australia. By actual exchange rate according to Google 20 pounds should be closer to 23.5 Euro, 32 USD, 33 CDN, and 33.5 AUD, but there's taxes to consider and I suppose sending the eBook through the internet all the way to the Aussies costs GW a lot of money

There's also a bunch of one-click collections to support it... which only showcase once again that Sister players are playing the most expensive army of the lot.

EDIT: Seriously, I knew it was bad, but with the collections (which naturally only save you TIME) it becomes bleeding obvious. Holy f*ck.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
There's also a bunch of one-click collections to support it... which only showcase once again that Sister players are playing the most expensive army of the lot.
while i think that's blob guard you thinking off, your mostly correct. Still it's a step in the right direction, or at least a stumble.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Locustgate: Actual release is one week from now - most likely at midnight GMT again.

dragonkingofthestars: Whether Blob Guard is more or less expensive (by points) actually depends on the weapon choices on the IG, as well as what they're supporting the blobs with. For naked squads it's actually remarkably close in terms of money / points.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts

From the iTunes page. Martyrdom. That's new. Given her current status, it better be something good... that or the armoury. Sadly, I can't open the preview fragment to see if there's more due to lack of an iPad.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Thanks. It's unfortunate - though hardly unexpected - that the preview distinctly lacks rule details :)

Going through the pictures to see if they've hidden any new models in there, but (so far?) the only one I've spotted that's not in general use is the one holding the big Ecclesiarchy icon in the middle of the first group shot, between two girls with Storm Bolters.

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
Thanks. It's unfortunate - though hardly unexpected - that the preview distinctly lacks rule details :)
Yup. They stopped doing that sometime early this year. Post Eldar I think.

Going through the pictures to see if they've hidden any new models in there, but (so far?) the only one I've spotted that's not in general use is the one holding the big Ecclesiarchy icon in the middle of the first group shot, between two girls with Storm Bolters.
You mean in this one?

That model with the golden I is the OOP Canoness with the Icon and a combi-flamer.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Martyrdom sounds like a really bad idea. I hope I'm wrong but it sounds like the kind of rule where it will be better to get your HQ slain. Something like the old Ethereal for Tau. Anyway, I'm hoping for a great codex and I want to see the ladies in action more.

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
30€ for what is practically a White Dwarf re-print with some insignificant add-ons? Damn.

And those 1-Click Bundles are ridiculous.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Yup. They stopped doing that sometime early this year. Post Eldar I think.

You mean in this one?

That model with the golden I is the OOP Canoness with the Icon and a combi-flamer.
Yep. Which isn't in general usage, but not a really exciting find. :(

Martyrdom sounds like a really bad idea. I hope I'm wrong but it sounds like the kind of rule where it will be better to get your HQ slain. Something like the old Ethereal for Tau. Anyway, I'm hoping for a great codex and I want to see the ladies in action more.
Which might've been brought back from Witch Hunters - it wouldn't have been the first time we had to deal with it.

261 - 280 of 486 Posts