Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

221 - 240 of 486 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts

Apoc Formations are a go.
That's kind of like the diamond merchants in the mall with the perpetual 50% off sale. Just because they screwed us by not giving us any Apoc formations in the Apoc book it is supposed to be some form of extra special love to finally get them with the codex (which is still a half codex updated from a WD codex).

I don't really care, but there is the line "the Adepta Sororitas codex does contain loads of features that even newer codexes don't", that makes it seem like they are giving Adepta Sororitas something that others don't already have (which isn't the case).

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
Other armies who are getting updated aren't getting Apoc rules or Altar of War missions in their codexes though, those are things you have to purchase separately as part of "Warzones" or other digital releases, so they aren't lying when they say the book includes stuff you don't normally get in a codex.

Sisters weren't in the Apoc book because they had no codex in print. It'd be damned foolish of GW to give them rules and push them and not have the rules available.

And yes, I know it was damned foolish that they let the rules go out of print in the first place, but at least they seem to be doing something positive with the army again.

I'm willing to accept the baby steps their making towards updating Sisters because I believe we're finally on the path to actually seeing it happen.

·
Fantasy Rumors
962 Posts
Guys dont know if you lot know but the Immolator is now gone from the dedicated transport section of the Games Workshop site. Is this for some reboxing? or for some other reason that will be discovered in the new digital release of the codex?

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Guys dont know if you lot know but the Immolator is now gone from the dedicated transport section of the Games Workshop site. Is this for some reboxing? or for some other reason that will be discovered in the new digital release of the codex?
well, i can think of only two reasons.

one: if its gone and not moved that would say it's acting like a land raider, buy in heavy support can carry stuff.

secondly, and this is the first thing that comes to my mind, they might have a new set in the wings that's coming out.

'but that is just me throwing darts at the board

·
Registered
122 Posts
Or, since sisters are cast on demand, the Immolator kit is sold out and waiting for new batch.

·
Registered
136 Posts
The Immolator is back on the website, so no need to panic. It was probably a goof by the web guys. On that note they probably need to get better web guys as that sort of thing happens a lot.

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
The Immolator is back on the website, so no need to panic. It was probably a goof by the web guys. On that note they probably need to get better web guys as that sort of thing happens a lot.
"Um, boss?"
"What's the matter webguy?"
"Derp. I deleted the interwebs......"

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Sooo is the codex rumored as life support (just new rules and stats)
or
Defibrillator (new rules and some models)

P.S. Please god let there at least be the standard unit in plastic.

·
Jeepers
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #233
Yeah I expect new models or plastics, but finecast of some of the current range would be nice I've got two penitent engines, love the model but I don't use them because they are metal so when ever I take them to use them they always fall apart and are a pain to reglue.

·
Registered
992 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Damn, who is going to pay +10 points for +1 LD, +1 A??? So you are paying 12+10 = 22 points for that one model.

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
This just gave me a massive chubby.......

·
Premium Member
1,705 Posts
The original Sisters Codex wasn't that big! Interesting...

Though the WD one was still 15pages when I made it into a PDF, and that was cutting out the fluff and gumph. Add in backstory, more pictures, a few missions and formations... Yeah, I can see it getting quite big. But not *that* big... :)

221 - 240 of 486 Posts