Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can this Save go inv with the act of faith that allows this, or is it 3+ Inv with a std2+ with the cloak "wargear", I believe its the 2+ Inv, well thats what I have read people doing in the Witchhunter Tactics forums all over the net, but this guy at our Local GW "Tourney player" is debating with saying because its a piece of wargear it gives her the 2+ normal save with a 3+ inv when the act of faith is activated. Just wouldnot if anyone could back me up or clear up this issue.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Is there an faq on this? I actually tentatively debate that the "Normal" save is a 3+.

The 2+ is not your standard issue save and I can't remember the last time we could temporarily increase/decrease armor saves. That's like 2nd edition.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Is there an faq on this? I actually tentatively debate that the "Normal" save is a 3+.

The 2+ is not your standard issue save and I can't remember the last time we could temporarily increase/decrease armor saves. That's like 2nd edition.
So your telling me that if I hit a Canoness with an Inquisitor with Digital weapons she would get a 3+ save and not a 2+ save cause digital weapons says Normal Armour saves are allowed but nothing about modified saves. Weren't their weapons that would modify your armor save to a 4+ back in the day? This is what this rule is probably referencing. Also just use the quick reference sheet.

Edit: Or tell him that you will use hand of the Emperor to increase the strength of your grenades so your melta bomb is now s10 and rolls 2d6 for amour pen.

·
Registered
210 Posts
So your telling me that if I hit a Canoness with an Inquisitor with Digital weapons she would get a 3+ save and not a 2+ save cause digital weapons says Normal Armour saves are allowed but nothing about modified saves. Weren't their weapons that would modify your armor save to a 4+ back in the day? This is what this rule is probably referencing. Also just use the quick reference sheet.
Win.

You sir, are getting Rep.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
When the Act of Faith is performed the model's armour save becomes invulnerable for a turn.
She has a 2+ save thanks to her fancy armour.
Her 2+ armour save becomes a 2+ Inv save.

The other WH forum goers are correct also.
Invulnerable for a Phase - by god I wish it lasted a whole turn!

It's not a temporary increase, it's permenant (Well, the whole game). the cloak of St. Aspira is simply a piece of wargear that makes a model's armour save one better. A Model with Power Armour and a cloak of St. Aspira has a normal armour save of 2+

1 - 8 of 8 Posts