Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So as the name implies i am considering sisters of battle for my next army want something different from guard tbh:p.So i went for an in your face flamer and melta army.

Hq
Cannoness,Eviserator,Cloak of St.Aspira,Mantle. 105pts

Cannoness,Eviserator,Cloak,Litanies of faith. 115pts

Troops
Vet Sister Superior,Combi-melta
9 Sisters 2 melta
Rhino,Extra armour,Smk. 212pts

9 Sisters 2 melta

9 Sisters 2 melta

9 Sisters 2 melta

Fast Attack
Dominion Squad
Vet Sister,Brazier,Combi-Flamer
4 Sisters,Flamers
Immolator,Extra arm,Smk. 198pts

Dominion Squad
Vet Sister,Brazier,Combi-Flamer
4 Sisters,Flamers
Immolator,Extra arm,Smk. 198pts

Heavy Support
Exorcist,Smk,Extra arm. 143pts

Exorcist,Smk,Extra arm. 143pts

1750pts

So the main premise is to be different to my guard so i wanted alot of squads to be in the other guys face,i.e 6 squads of gun toting sisters.The hqs are there to give close support and a free timely act of faith hopefuly to a 10 woman unit later in the battle.The exorcists are long range anti-tank ofc.Any CaC is welcomed.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
If you didn't know - now id a terrible time to start SoB - but if you're on-board with that then I salute you. Legend has it there might be a new sisters 'dex next year or probably 2012.

Anyway - pretty solid list.

I'm not a fan of the Litanies of Faith. As an IC a Canonness rarely has trouble pulling of whichever act she wants and it's a lot of points.

I'd also consider jump Packs for one or both Canonnesses. There's no space for them to ride in the Rhinos, so that means they're either walking or riding with the dominions right now.

Personally, I like to run six-woman Dominion squads, it means you can loose someone and not loose a Flamer, but it's not essential.

I strongly recomend Books of St. Lucius for your Battle sister sqauds.

Giving your Veteran dominions both a combi-flamer and a Brazier of holy fire is an unusual choice. expensive, but I can see where you're going.

you probably won't get any use from smoke launchers on your exorcists - they have a nice long range so chances are they will be shooting at something every turn.

Like I said, pretty solid.

Anything else I could add would be personal preference, rather than accepted wisdom.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well i know of the rumblings of a new sisters dex tho that does not bother me in the least.The litanies would be for a larger squad to get lets say well any act of faith they want later in the battle when it could be crucial and smk on the exorcists is for when they get stunned, gives me a chance to not be stunned next turn,oh crap wait thats new smoke noth old smoke ill have to change that lol.Thanks for the comments.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Actually - WH have new smoke. specifically, it says that smoke works as detailed in the main rulebook - and that would be the 5e one today.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I understand that Daemonhunters have old smoke. I wish we did too.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I confess I've always gotten very good results from seraphim, but your trogdor squads should do some sick damage also.

Having the canonesses with the dominions is not necessarily a bad thing: unlike the rest of the army the dominion squads have all got assault weapons, so taking advantage of the canoness' eviscerator and multiple attacks does not cost you anything.

Oh, and use proxies for the time being. You currently have to buy sisters in blisters of 3, and unlike Grey Knights battles sisters aren't 25+ points per model.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts