Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

To keep things in order I have started a third Plog, this time on Orkz. I have recently got back to the hobby afer changing a country, getting married and having a child (he is almost 2 years old - dmn). I have managed to find some friends to play with, and managed to get my brother to join us (finally!). The thing is that now I have to assemble and paint an army for him. He is feeling Orkz, so Orkz it is. I have gotten to the hobby with assault on the black reach set (or 2) so I had a bunch of those lying around. I have managed even to pick up some additional stufff over time and now I have a pretty decent force - not competitive but still fun to play.
First models that I have painted were 20 boyz - i will have to go back to them and do some touch ups, once I find some time (they are not up to my current standard). To start things off I have painted a Trukk:

T1.jpg

T2.jpg

rear view:

T3b.jpg

T4b.jpg

And some details:

T5h.jpg

T6d1.jpg

T6d2.jpg

front:

T7f.jpg

Once I was done with that I have painted up 10 boyz, trukkers:

O1.jpg

O2.jpg

O3.jpg

O4.jpg

O5.jpg

O6.jpg

O7.jpg

I am pretty happy with how they come up, I did not paint them as carefully as I do my eldars or BA but with larger amount of models it would take me ages. I think they look good on the table.

Let me know what you think

Siskin

·
Registered
533 Posts
Nice work. How'd you paint the metals? Is that a gunmetal basecoat with a black wash? And what about the corrosion effects? I love that effect, those rust patches are perfect and add so much to the trukk

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Squire and thank you for the comment!

For the Trukk I have first undercoated it black and then drybryshed whole model with silver - i use Valejo metal paints ( for all my 'metal' work - silver, brass and gold). After this step was done I proceeded with the model as if it was primed only - detailing, painting new colors and highlighting with mithril silver.

For the rust effect I use Typhus corrosion to get the texture and after that there goes the mix of brown, dark red, orange, some black wash if I need to tone it down or blend with other pieces.

I am so happy that you like it! Hope that this explanation helps you, if you have some more questions I am more than happy to help - so fire away :)

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lovely stuff - I'm surpried you only have a rep of 3 - you may most certainly have a cookie.:good:
Thank you! There was a reset of rep looong time ago and it has been the exact moment when I had my masters, were moving from one country to another, got married, looked for a job and had a child thus been inactive for a good while ;)

But now I am back and painting :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts