Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Title thread says it all really.

I wa just wondering what happened to him after Lord of the Night?

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
I believe he only signed a three book (Fire Warrior, Xenology and Lord of the Night) contract with Black Library, although im not sure. He is still around though, that I know :)

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
If you find him can you tell him i said this?

'Zso Sahaal f**king rocks... bring him back'
Truer words were never spoken.

Ive got no idea what happened to him either. Maybe Lord of the Night and Fire Warrior were just one-time novels for this guy, and he doesn't write for 40k anymore.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ye i only wondered cause i started re-reading Lord of the Night again.

Zso Sahaal does fucking rock, does bring up the question "will he cameo on in to the soul hunter books"? by cameo i mean make an apperance and not a fleeting referance :)

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
While Zso Sahaal and Talos meeting, and perhaps even Sahaal ripping The Exalted a new one, would be the stuff of dreams it will never be. ADB has clearly said that Sahaal and Acerbus will not appear in the Night Lords series. But we know that they are out there, and Acerbus has the largest Night Lords warband, shame they are Chaos-slaves.

·
Registered
147 Posts
There were rumours that BL want to ask SS if he would write sequel to LotN but nothing more. I personally would be interested in more books like Xenology than another Zso Sahaal novel. probably because I am one of few onboard that forum [or actually any forum that discuss BL novels] who thinks that LotN was bad written, boring [only parts about Night Haunter were interesting] book. yeah, I know it sound like heresy but after all that is Heresy Online :)

·
Premium Member
4,111 Posts
I think AD-B has mentioned that he only really intends on mentioning the character as an homage to Spurrier's work. It's his character and for someone else to try and embody someone else's idea seems like drama just waiting to happen.

As far as where he is, he's still doing comics/graphic novels I believe. If I had to make an off-the-wall guess, I'd say he left BL on bad terms, as many of their 'former' authors still tend to throw material in here and there (i.e. Gav Thorpe, who is theoretically now free-lance as opposed to BL only). This is just an absolute guess, though...

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Tis a shame we wont be able to see more of the exploits of Sahaal and superbus.
Yep. ADB has even said that in The First Heretic we will see the Night Lords 1st Captain, the Talonmaster... but it wont be Sahaal. It will be his predecessor.

Sahaal will be missed but at least he isn't dead. And perhaps one day he will unite the Night Lords and tear the False Emperor from his throne of lies.

Off-topic for a second. But what ive just said is a point that almost never comes up regarding the BL novel characters. When will they die?, its inevitable that they will die either in combat or through age. Uriel Ventris, Rafen, Sarpedon or Marduk. They can't all become Chapter Masters, although Marduk kinda did, and live as long as Dante, eventually something or someone will kill them. ADB mentioned about his character Argo, the Crimson Fists Chaplain from One Hate, would die in the 13th Black Crusade. That got me thinking about the other BL characters, eventually they will die. But what could possibly kill Uriel Ventris?, or Marduk?, or Sarpedon?.

·
Premium Member
4,111 Posts
All of them will die in the 13th Black Crusade, as the Legions of Chaos tear the galaxy asunder! (that or get eaten by Tyranids as they consume the entire galaxy)

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Not a clue, but two peerless books make him a definite overall winner in my books.

(let's just not mention Fire Warrior, shall we? I would prefer to think that abomination had never been printed...)

·
Registered
361 Posts
There were rumours that BL want to ask SS if he would write sequel to LotN but nothing more. I personally would be interested in more books like Xenology than another Zso Sahaal novel. probably because I am one of few onboard that forum [or actually any forum that discuss BL novels] who thinks that LotN was bad written, boring [only parts about Night Haunter were interesting] book. yeah, I know it sound like heresy but after all that is Heresy Online :)
Actually I'm with you :)

After LotN cropped up in a discussion of soul hunter I decided to check it out, found it very hard going.

I kinda think that people may have been impressed with the big reveal at the end which left them with a good memory of the story. I on the other hand found it a tad too much exposition dump with hints of Deus Ex Machina while there was little actual build up to that particular Dénouement.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts