Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember there being some measure with a laser pointer in it from GW, I have seen people with mirrors on sticks and a whole range of unique score trackers etc.

What unusual or silly wargaming aids do you use or have you seen?

·
Registered
343 Posts
A mate really wanted to get a special effects sound box to help with his level of immersion; gunfire, troops marching, missiles and explosions etc. Still waiting to see what he comes up with, though I won't hold my breath.

·
Banned
7,889 Posts
I use a laser distance metre for LOS and range, particularly long ranges or when there are a heap of mini's about.

Seems a bit silly but is actually pretty handy when things are getting heated !

·
Warlord of Vermin
882 Posts
i downloaded the Dawn of war soundrack and play it on a mini music player that hides in terrain

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
I use a laser distance metre for LOS and range, particularly long ranges or when there are a heap of mini's about.

Seems a bit silly but is actually pretty handy when things are getting heated !
That does sound useful, wouldnt mind one myself but at a guess it would be designed for buildings so dont know how it would function with short distance. Actually how well does it function?

·
Banned
7,889 Posts
That does sound useful, wouldnt mind one myself but at a guess it would be designed for buildings so dont know how it would function with short distance. Actually how well does it function?
It works great, 6" or so is about as close as you can get but at that range a ruler is easier anyway

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Toddlers or cats... Worst gaming aids EVER!
I'm not even sure which is worse. My jerkbag cat once jumped up on the table mid-game and threw herself into a belly scratching stretch. Basically ended the game she knocked over so much stuff.

The sound effect thing I find silly. Why wouldn't you want to make those noises yourself??

·
Registered
6 Posts
The servo-skull measuring tapes. They're useless! I haven't yet seen one that stay out when pulled. And they have a marker every 13 inches to denote range. 13"!!! Thats caused a lot of confusion in my club with people quickly checking range.. :p

·
Registered
891 Posts
Nerf Guns, I used the rifle with the scope to pick off models because I couldn't be bothered to move around the table to pick them up (it was a fairly long table, like 3.5 meters). It showed me three things:
Just how durable my space marines were (fairly).
Just how poor a shot I was with a nerf gun.
Just how durable my mate's eldar were (less so).

Cost me quite a bit of glue that mistake...

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Something I use is a chopped up pointy stick - 6" for quickly and precisely moving MCs and vehicles when the tape measure can get in the way, and a 1" and 2" section joined together by a piece of brass rod so it looks like a wonky "H". 1" for minimum distance (incredibly useful for disembarking/melee) and 2" for coherency (for avoiding blasts). I definitely recommend it as a massive time and argument saver.

·
Banned
7,889 Posts
Nice sethis, I might just git me one o' dem !

1 - 19 of 19 Posts