Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The result of being low on sleep, thus easily entertained, and having the 40K rulebook in my hands.

Point 1, if a model doesn't specifically have a weapon with the Melee type, he's assumed to have a single CC weapon.

Point 2, it is then stated that Pistols can be used as melee weapons... but this doesn't turn one into a Melee type weapon.

This technically leads to point 3: By RAW, a model like a Space Marine - who doesn't have a Melee-type weapon - gets a single CC weapon and, also using the Bolt Pistol he IS noted to have, should thus have the +1 Attack for having two CC weapons :p

Admittedly, I would clobber Space Marine players that even tried it... :laugh:

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Oh yeah, that's what combat knives are for.

Yeah, I'd definitely consider the fellow who tried to pull that as clobbered.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
There is a extremely long and locked thread on this somewhere in the forums. Pretty much the pistol is your 'one ccw' when determining your attacks. It while in melee is a CCW, so you are not considered to have no CCW while in CC.

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
There is a extremely long and locked thread on this somewhere in the forums. Pretty much the pistol is your 'one ccw' when determining your attacks. It while in melee is a CCW, so you are not considered to have no CCW while in CC.
This all the way. It's the same reason why Seraphim get a bonus attack for having two CCWs in close combat despite only being armed with Pistols.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Yup. Pistols have a close combat weapon option.

·
Banned
7,889 Posts
Ye Gods not this bollocks again.

One of the problems of reading the rules over and over again is that you start to se things that aren't there.

If you need "RAW" then the CCW for those who don't have one only "grows" at the point were they are found to be without one, which is when they are about to make their attacks in the assault phase.

However this is also the time that the pistol transmogrifies into a CCW so they already have one so they don't grow a new one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts