Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drop pods are not mentioned or given rules in the current CSM codex (Except in a minor note under the Steel Brethren warband saying they specialize is drop pod assaults).

However, I was reading one of the Imperial Armor books and it had rules and a model for the CSM pod, which is pricier and worse than the loyalist version (kinda makes sense, though one would wonder that the dark mechanicum would cook up something actually inventive and modern, being inspired by the gods of change and all). Is it allowed in common games? I admit I'd love to use it, but I can see how a unit of Thousand Sons or Noise Marines can be quite uber served right in the enemy's rearguard, and chaos Dreads would become far more useful if they could be dropped away from your guys.

In a way, it's a self-answering question, since I have never seen them added to any lists here in the forums. But it doesn't hurt to ask.

·
Super Moderator
5,719 Posts
Friendly games can easily be "anything goes" but for tournament play you'd have to ask the TO and it'll probably be a "no".

Especially since troops in a Dreadclaw are not forced to disembark and it may be moved and assaulted out of in subsequent turns after dropping.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Friendly games can easily be "anything goes" but for tournament play you'd have to ask the TO and it'll probably be a "no".

Especially since troops in a Dreadclaw are not forced to disembark and it may be moved and assaulted out of in subsequent turns after dropping.
then how the hell is it worse than the normal drop pod?

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
You can use them in friendly games like that dude who posted earlier said. but yea unless you feel like whiping the hundreds of dollars to buy forge world Dread claws i would just give up the dream of using it in a list, but you are right it would be nice to finally be able to use dreads affectively instead of by hoping it wont kill your own shit.

·
Angryman
4,304 Posts
Do you usually play social, friendly games or tournaments? For the former there are rules for the dreadclaw written in a book published by gw (FW) so if you were playing a friendly game the friend would be an asshole to say no. Fw unit costs are intentionaly on the high side for this reason. On the other hand you have no chance in a tourney. Which would be why I have no interest in tourney play, as I cannot use my salamanders or my field gun emplacements etc, not to mention all my converted non gw models.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts