Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone else was sick of fantasy yet? As a 40k fan, its a bit much having pretty much every single thing from GW being fantasy, fantasy, fantasy right now... Anyone else fed up with it and wishing they'd get back to some 40k already?

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
I'm sure fantasy players feel exactly the same way about 40k.

let them have there couple of months, after that nobody will give a shit as normal and everybody can go back to (wrongly) saying LOTR dominates everything GW does, because they put 1 or 2 pages in there magazine or release 1 brand new model in a sea of fantasy and 40k models.

·
Registered
381 Posts
well in fairness they just gettin the new rules let them have the attention for awhile cos the last two things were spearhead and the blood angels codex so we had our turn i guess lol

·
WFB Moderator
8,248 Posts
Yeah, WFB overload for me... went to a gaming evening tonight and I not only took, but even played 40k OMG!!! Obviously I still took some WFB just in case :p

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
It's pretty arrogant to expect GW to fawn to your specific needs, and Fantasy players rightly deserve to have some attention.. let alone the fact that GW has to maintain both systems so interest for their models continues, which equates to sales.

Fantasy deserves to have time devoted to it as much as 40K does...end of story.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
We had like a year run for 40k so I don't see why you are pissed off about this. You are aware GW makes other games right? They tend to want to make some money off them.

·
CO 3rd Thoth ACR
486 Posts
Let the game have it's day. I'm sure they've done this with every new ed. of both games and LotR. I don't think GW would be a strong and popular as it is without supporting both its main systems. I've played both and although I gave up fantasy awhile ago to consintrate on 40k I still like the game and try to pay attention to what's going on with it. Remember GW started with Fantasy Role-playing games which paved the way for WHFB & 40K, you should know and respect the roots of the games you play.

·
Jeep's and Harley's
1,997 Posts
Nope ... I disagree ... I have never played fantasy, and will not do it. *sulks cause wife said no more spending* I only want 40K. You say they have to have a little bit of sunshine on their models ... I say " I reject your reality and substitute my own.:p"

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
In your reality they aren’t coming out with new 40k shit for some time either.

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
It's pretty selfish to want 40K to keep getting the attention its been receiving for the past 6 or so months. Fantasy has been kept largely on the sidelines up until now, so let people that play it enjoy their time in the sun.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Just wondering if anyone else was sick of fantasy yet? As a 40k fan, its a bit much having pretty much every single thing from GW being fantasy, fantasy, fantasy right now... Anyone else fed up with it and wishing they'd get back to some 40k already?
Because the company exists for your gratification.....I'm sorry but maybe the fantasy players want to have some new content, it's only been almost nothing but 40k for what, a year now? Your post and maturity annoy me.

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
I don't play fantasy but I don't have a problem with them getting some attention. Soon it will be back to 40K so just hang in there for a few more months. It could be a lot worse and be all LOTR all the time.

·
Curiouser and Curiouser
803 Posts
Because the company exists for your gratification.....I'm sorry but maybe the fantasy players want to have some new content, it's only been almost nothing but 40k for what, a year now? Your post and maturity annoy me.
"Your post and maturity annoy me" as well. Despite the "immaturity" of the first post, there is no need to be so abrasive in your response, as many here have been doing.

All that anyone needed to say is "WH40K has been given much more attention than WHFB in recent months (such as Spearhead and the BA codex) and now it's time for WHFB fans to have some of the spotlight."

No need to be so hostile people, that's the exact reason I steer away from other 40k forums. I stay on Heresy because it's so much more community-oriented and I've found people to be more altruistic. Let's keep it that way please.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Funny, about 2 months ago I was feeling the same way about 40k. Interesting how the tables turn, hmmm? Pick both games up and you'll be happier! :biggrin:

Around the Stores (s for plural) never have a WFB game but once in a blue moon.
This holds true for me. I've had my Dwarf army for 6 months now and I've only ever seen one other FB army in the store... Not being played, of course. :(

·
Registered
164 Posts
Last issue was the first in a year that I didn't buy. No 40k=no money for you GW.
On a related note, is that events calendar at the back just there to make up the page count? I don't see the point in printing a list of events that you could easily look up online or in your local hobby shop.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
alls fair is fair as they just had new rules and with Daemons coming out too they might have some lime light for a few months befroe something like Dark Eldar come out.
I'm mnore pissed with WD as there where NO non-Fantasy articales in the entire last isssue. And as i'm not a fantasy play that really pissed me off.

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
alls fair is fair as they just had new rules and with Daemons coming out too they might have some lime light for a few months befroe something like Dark Eldar come out.
I'm mnore pissed with WD as there where NO non-Fantasy articales in the entire last isssue. And as i'm not a fantasy play that really pissed me off.
Its fair enough that WHF is getting a lot of attentions, this is a new rule book after all. But I agree that pretty much a whole WD issue was dedicated to it was a little irritating.

Still never mind it will be back to the normal in the next few months :)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts