Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Bringer of the Apocalypse
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I noticed my growing Nid horde was rather thin in the Fast Attack choices (Only have a Harpy) so I took a look in ye olde Nid codex, and came upon the entry for shrikes. For some odd reason, the thought of assault troops with three wounds was rather amusing, and the possibilities of having a lashwhip and bonesword combo were just too hard to pass up...

So I head to ebay, and was fortunate to find a guy selling FW Warrior wings for a buck a pair (as long as you bought 6 pairs). I then needed bodies, and as I didn't like the legless warrior look that FW did, I decided to use Ravener bodies, which I picked up from Wayland Games at a VERY reasonable price.

So without further preamble, here are three of my six shrikes...

The lashwhips are from Venomthropes, while the boneswords are actually pieces I cut from the plastic tank traps that GW makes...

·
Angryman
4,304 Posts
Nasty looking buggers. Only thing i am not sure of is the lowest set of scything talons. No idea what to replace them with but they don't quite look right. Maybe shortening them in some way would help.

·
Registered
583 Posts
personally, i'd cover up the last ball joint for the scything talons

it already had enough going on with the model taking that last set of arms off wouldnt make it look like a giant ball of teeth, talons and wings (although that is the way tyranids are described :p)

really digging the models though!

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
brilliant model, +rep for you!

only thing i would say is to maybe greenstuff the base of the sword so it seems more part of the hand, cuz at the moment it looks like hes holding the bonesword.

but good job tho :D

·
Registered
344 Posts
This is a pretty epic skrike. Lucky break on the dollar wings right! Those things usually cost as much as a warrior box, before shipping costs. I would also suggest using smaller scything talons. Are the small ones from the ravener bigger then those genestealer ones?

·
Bringer of the Apocalypse
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is a pretty epic skrike. Lucky break on the dollar wings right! Those things usually cost as much as a warrior box, before shipping costs. I would also suggest using smaller scything talons. Are the small ones from the ravener bigger then those genestealer ones?
The Ravener ones are a bit bigger, as well as looking like digging claws as opposed to slashing claws. Basically, the only smaller ones I could use are from Hormagaunts...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.