Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone done their ships up yet? I've turned all of my Rebels into Green squadron, and am experimenting with Imperials to find a style I like.

The green has been done with a Sharpie Oil Based pen. No brushes, nothing. The Bounty Hunter repaint was traditional painting and is a WIP. More pics to follow!

Attachments

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Not something I've done myself, although it's always good to see a few re-paints kicking around! :good:

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Anyone done their ships up yet? I've turned all of my Rebels into Green squadron, and am experimenting with Imperials to find a style I like.

The green has been done with a Sharpie Oil Based pen. No brushes, nothing. The Bounty Hunter repaint was traditional painting and is a WIP. More pics to follow!
nice and easily done as well,
I really like the way the hwk has come out

·
8,723 Posts
I hate green :laugh: But yeah, that HWK looks fuggin' awesome :good:

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I won't lie, I love that part of the game as well, but the entire Rebel force took under 2 hours for every ship to be done... Very easy!

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
I can't remember to save my life right now, but in the movies weren't the ships grouped by ship type in their squads (ie. Red Squadron was all X's, Gold all Y's or something)? I like how easy it is to make that look sweet, you literally just paint over whatever colours are already on the ship with your own.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ntaw, yes, most often squadrons are made of a single type of ship, and generally consists of 12 ships - organised into 6 wing pairs, and 3 "flights" of 4 ships each, with senior members of the squadron given lead of a flight.

However during the pre-Yavin to pre-Endor years, supply of ships for the Rebels was patchy and unreliable, to say nothing of losses suffered during combat, so it wasn't unusual to see multiple ship types present in a single squadron. :)

·
8,723 Posts
Very nice :good:

The red looks really good :)

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Update on the Imperials:

·
8,723 Posts
Not bad at all! :good:

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
**blows the dust off**

Hey look, I painted my first model in almost a year....and it was a Z-95 repaint into the Nashtah Pup! (I love Bossk)

·
8,723 Posts
Great work mate :good:

**blows the dust off**

Hey look, I painted my first model in almost a year....and it was a Z-95 repaint into the Nashtah Pup! (I love Bossk)

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Thanks dude, whole thing took me about an hour to pull off. The teeth were definitely the hardest part! One day I'll work my way up to trying out N'dru Suhlak's ship....but those teeth are something else :shok:

·
8,723 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts