Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I'm planning on starting my third army come the new year (a little cash strapped now, so need to wait), and it's probably going to be the Eldar, though the Imperial Guard are quite tempting.

Anyway I've been using Chaos Space Marines and Orks, both of which are built around assaulting my foe, with the Orks being a bit more successful.

My question therefore is should I change my playstyle with army number three and move outside my comfort zone? Even if I go Eldar I'm still thinking of having two Banshee units in the list, whilst any IG army would have Rough Riders and Valkyrie mounted Veterans.

So should I change and try something new, or should I stick with what I know?

I should point out that I'm looking for an army with conversion potential.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Mono-God Daemons of Tzeentch would be extremely different, ripe with conversions, and shooty.
I would go outside your comfort zone regardless of your choice. It makes you a better player overall

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Eldar don't offer much in the way of conversion since most of the range is metal.

And yes, you should try something new. You might like it.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
guard=holy shit conversions! and are extremely shooty even with rough riders and vet/valks so I say go with them...although that is hypocritical for me to say as I have three pure assault armies

·
Unhinged Hobo
2,341 Posts
I'd go for something different, my chaos army was based around 3rd ed iron warriors so was very much a shoot the *doody* out of them at range and countercharge with a few hard hitting cc units, then i have ork speed freeks which pretty much try to cut off and overwhelm in combat. It's nice to have the choice depending on what mood you are in.
Go completely othe other way and field an IG tank company. Cmon you know you want to.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts