Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
description whore
2,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Never been a big gamer, as in know all the stats blah blah but i do like to play the odd couple of games on my friends ps3.

Been playing stuff like fifa and madden for the last year at uni and have got rather hooked but dont really want to spend too much money ie 200 quid plus on a ps3

Thus i have been considering taking the psp3000 slim+ fifa world cup 2010 for 129.99
Any thoughts on what else i should buy game and accessory wise and whether it is good value

(Edit should buy a fucking dictionary cant believe i misspelt the title)

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Personally, I wouldn't bother buying a PsP unless that's the best you can do at work or you travel on the road a lot. If you have the money, I suppose it doesn't matter, but that's probably the only way you'd still use it after the 'omg cool, I have a psp' factor wears away.

That's my bit, but the choice is yours. The PS3 itself is pretty awesome, but I personally feel that despite being a nifty console, it lacked a wide variety of decent games compared to some of the exclusive stuff you see on the overheatbox 360.

(I'm impartial to either console. They do their job, but the 360 was the choice for me due to how much cheaper it was...although since I'm on my 3rd xbox, I suppose you get what you pay for.)

·
Registered
765 Posts
Gameboy colour suits me...

Seriously, dug it out for the first time this millennium and had great fun with thunderbirds and pokemon yellow :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
A PS3, yes, it's great, but I personally prefer the 360 due to more zombie games and Gearsof War.

PsP is excellent as well, although the internet is crap (can't use Youtube too well), but the game Squad Command is the best Warhammer game I've played (I never played DoW :()

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
deathbringer i have a psp and 5 games for it. Its great when you have to travel and someone else is driving or your using public transportation. I dont really think fifa would work to well on a psp though.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
I heard Squad Command was awesome, but I haven't been able to play it. What's it like?
It's ok, a lot of fun really, but once you get the hang of it, it can be a little easy. I haven't played it multiplayer yet though, so maybe I'll try that some day. It's got a steep learning curve though - your guys can die quite easily if you're not careful.

As for the PSP thing - no, get a DS, lite or i. I have the DS lite and it is awesome, especially if you get an R50 card with it. I had a friend with both the PSP and a DS, and the DS won hands down. PSP had more power and a few advantages (internet being one of them), but the games and innovation on the DS were far better. It's currently the system I do the most gaming on actually - it's just lots of fun.

The PS3 is an awesome system though, possibly the best of the current Gen, but I just don't think the PSP matches up in the hand held section.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts