Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this originally on DakkaDakka, but I also wanted to get the opinions of all the other Heretics out there.

I would like to get some feedback from you on whether or not I should ask Santa for the Baneblade Super-heavy tank model for Christmas.

I currently have a pretty good sized Word Bearers army (@ 1800 pts) and I have been looking at adding some armor to the army. I want to add a Predator to the army. ( I plan on using a lot of magnets and making it completely convertible. Predator --> Rhino --> Razorback)

I must say that my first choice would be to add a Chaos Warhound from Forgeworld, but since it is a little out of my price range (Waiting for GW to make a plastic one!!!), I have been toying with the idea of adding a Baneblade. (or variant thereof)_

The question is this....

* Do any of you field a Baneblade and in what size armies?? I mostly play on a 4x6 table (Realm of Battle) and the armies are usually around 1500-1800 pts.
* Would the Baneblade be a waste? I have never played Apocolypse and I doubt I will. My opponent is usually my son. He wants a Black Legion army. ... he's also 6 y/o

Please let me know your thoughts on adding a Super-Heavy tank to an army and also, if YES.. then which variant is considered the best and why.

I am seriously looknig for feedback as to whether or not to spend the money and if it is really worth it.

Thank you...

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
asking if a baneblade is worth it or not is a pointless question.

baneblades are created for apocawank, apocashit is made for fun, not to decide if something is worth it or not.

the answer to your question then is a further wuestion
do you like the look of the baneblade?
if the answer is yes, you buy one, if the answer is no, you don't buy one.

that seriously is the only thing you need to consider, not knowing how "worth it" it is like some competitive asswipe who ruined apocavomit.

and the best variant is the one that looks nicest to you.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
Do you want one? If you do, buy it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
asking if a baneblade is worth it or not is a pointless question.

baneblades are created for apocawank, apocashit is made for fun, not to decide if something is worth it or not.

the answer to your question then is a further wuestion
do you like the look of the baneblade?
if the answer is yes, you buy one, if the answer is no, you don't buy one.

that seriously is the only thing you need to consider, not knowing how "worth it" it is like some competitive asswipe who ruined apocavomit.

and the best variant is the one that looks nicest to you.

Well... that sums it up pretty well. :grin:

I am not asking this question from a "most bang for the buck" point of view. Simply one of conservation of resources. I am married with two (2) children and my gaming hobby has been greatly reduced. I was simply asking for some input as to whether or not the tank was something that was worth adding to an army.... or if it would be better to buy two (2) smaller tanks.

Yeah... it looks really cool... but so do the Forge World Titans. I REALLY hope that GW starts to produce plastic versions of them soon.

As you can see the re

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Baneblades are best used in Apocalypse battles. They are over powered in normal scale (1500 - 2000pts) battles.
You can get one, as Stella said: its an aesthetic decision as well.
But not really 'useful' in game unless you decide you are going to play Apocalypse scale battles.

I personally prefer the Stormblade Variant.

SGMAlice

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Stormblade huh? I'll have to look at that.

Thanks for the reply. I think that it would look really cool.... I have a feeling this is going to come down to a coin toss.

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
stormblade is old hat now, everyone and there dog has a stormblade.

go with a stormsword, an absolute badass of a tank
or a banesword, the next step in self propelled artillery

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts
Baneblade is a simply stunning model and its a show case of what GW are capable of if they put there minds to it, it also goes together like a dream, i do advise buying some clippers to go with it, my brother did all his removal of parts from the sprues with a craft knife and almost died of blood loss and several donkeys were caught up in the mayhem and are sadly no longer with us.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Let me ask you something. Why should you not buy a Baneblade? :grin:

Check out the Khorne Hellhammer in our sig for some great Baneblade conversion ideas. Painted pics will be updated soon!

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
I would like to get some feedback from you on whether or not I should ask Santa for the Baneblade Super-heavy tank model for Christmas.
Well, asking an imaginary character for a toy model is a bit silly. I mean really, you'd be better off taking a shit in one hand and making a wish in the other, see which one fills up first. :biggrin:

Best bet is to man up and buy the thing if you want it. To hell with the wife and kids and imaginary figments of your imagination, grab sack and shell out the cash. :p

If you want one and have the disposable income to waste on it, then go for it. If it will make your kids and wife go hungry or not have electricity for a month, I would strongly reconsider.

and several donkeys were caught up in the mayhem and are sadly no longer with us.

(B&K, you saw that coming a mile away didn't you?)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Why should you not buy a Baneblade? :grin:
Well.. I have no problem with buying it... but if I was going to spend that much money... I figured that I would like to get something that is going to get some use.
I would really like to use a Baneblade, as it is an incredible showpiece (and I have some interesting ideas for conversions) , but I doubt that I would have the ability/opportunity to field it.... which would make it a really expensive shelf-warmer.

·
Registered
3,807 Posts

(B&K, you saw that coming a mile away didn't you?)
Methinks we all did and i'm sure he does it on purpose :p

Well.. I have no problem with buying it... but if I was going to spend that much money... I figured that I would like to get something that is going to get some use.
I would really like to use a Baneblade, as it is an incredible showpiece (and I have some interesting ideas for conversions) , but I doubt that I would have the ability/opportunity to field it.... which would make it a really expensive shelf-warmer.
Yep. Unless Aesthetics are worth the money to you then methinks it will be useless. You really should give Apocalypse a go some time. Its A lot of fun, Frantic and gets rather dramatic at times too.

SGMAlice

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'd really like to try Apoc.. but I just don't seem to be able to get the time to get to a store where I can play it.

I am starting to lean towards playing skip-it on the tank...

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts
I'd really like to try Apoc.. but I just don't seem to be able to get the time to get to a store where I can play it.

I am starting to lean towards playing skip-it on the tank...
If the purchase needs to be used then i would go for two smaller tanks like the demolisher or hell hound, that way you can use them in standard games or maybe even the death strike.
But the baneblade is a very serious model and would likely encourage you to investigate playing apocalypse and maybe motivate you to use it.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
If you're never going to play Apocalypse I don't think the Baneblade's worth buying. It's a cool model no doubt, but a bit expensive for a display model (at least for me).

1 - 20 of 33 Posts