Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys,
anyone know where i can get my hands on some shotguns, i'm doing a veteren infantry squad and i want em toting shotys. any ideas?

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
You could probably pass them off for Stormtroopers, same 4+ save.

You could always just use the scout arm on Cadian bodies. Shoulders will look a little different, but not much.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
You can get actual shotguns from the Necromunda weapons sprues. There are the pewter sprues that have 2 or 3 of them and then then plastic ganger spures that will have several shotguns.

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
you probably could. There's little pyramids on the joint to make them slot into the body properly, just cut those off and you should be fine. It might look a tad bulky, I'm trying to remmber sizes.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Actually not too much of a difference, not vastly noticable, really just the pauldron is sligthly different and a little bigger on the scouts

·
Mohawk-Wearing Crazyman
564 Posts
You can get actual shotguns from the Necromunda weapons sprues. There are the pewter sprues that have 2 or 3 of them...
When I had my Catachan IG army, I used those, and they especially worked well with the Jungle fighter plastics.

I think, if you're using Cadian plastic IG, the Necromunda weapons might require a fair bit of conversion work.

That said, if you're using Cadians, I'd suggest the SM Scout shotgun arms.

·
Banned
677 Posts
Definitely browse around online and in the Online Store for IG pics/Scout pics and see which shotguns are going to fit your theme. The arm could be perfectly sized but look completely out of place to you personally. I think TauFire summed it up nicely, but make sure to get that look of them before you decide.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
think i'm gonna go with marine scouts with shotguns for my veterans, they just look like imperil guard on steroids, which is what i'm going for anyhow.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts