Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, last night was my first time out with my newly formed Carnival of Chaos. It consisted of my Carnival Master, one Brute, two Tainted ones, and two Brethren. I was playing against my friend's Undead, which consisted of a whole lot more figures than my warband. We rolled the Skirmish scenario, and set out across the table to each other.

Given the small size of my carnival, I kept them fairly close to each other, to avoid having individuals being surrounded by my rotting opponent. The first turn was uneventful, both sides running forward.
However on the second turn, two Dire Wolves came charging out of nowhere. One attacked my Master, and the other charged a Brethren. No problem I thought, they're just dogs. If I don't kill them, next turn I can charge them with my nearby Tainted Ones. Well, I forgot the Wolves get two attacks when they charge. The Brethren went down like sack of rotting meat, with a 6 rolled for result. The Master parried one attack, but the other went through, with a 5 rolled for result.

Next turn instead of counter charging the wolves, I failed my rout test and shambled off the board.

I rolled three dice in this game. One to parry, and two to fail a rout test.

At least the two downed carnies survived the ordeal.

Might be time to buy an unholy relic.

-Rob

·
Banned
677 Posts
Thats just hilarious. It makes me want to get another campaign going, to see all the crazy shite that can happen. I've seen games last less than this, with archers somehow removing multiple henchman and causing first-turn routs. Things can get out of hand!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts