grand total of 2000 on the money

so 12 dl, 21 blasters, 19splinter rifles, 9 splinter carbines,
51 models + 10 vehicles,
4 scoring units.
hope for first turn

cc welcome

· Registered
35 Posts
Clearly a nightmare of LR spam SM armies, or maybe of mech IG.
But what will you do against hordes like orks, nidz, ig footmen, and the like?
Even a less hechanised SM can be a problem, since your blasters, lances just cant shoot enough. IMO
I'd keep the trueborns or the scourges for armour popping, and make the others splinter spammers.

Whats the plan with the 5 wyches with no wargear?

Maybe just i dont like the idea of minimal squads, but they seem so very fragile. Even by Dark eldar measures.

· Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Clearly a nightmare of LR spam SM armies, or maybe of mech IG.
But what will you do against hordes like orks, nidz, ig footmen, and the like?
I think they would be more difficult, and I wiould have to rely on movement to kill portions of their armies at a time. It may be tough going though.

[/quote]
Even a less hechanised SM can be a problem, since your blasters, lances just cant shoot enough.

i think with just over 30 lances it would be enough, if i got first turn.
Whats the plan with the 5 wyches with no wargear?
Asdrubel's harem. heh. He goes here.

Maybe just i dont like the idea of minimal squads, but they seem so very fragile. Even by Dark eldar measures.
This is also true.

Also have a problem with range. At only 18", a turn of bad luck could be disastrous.

· Registered
4,181 Posts
Yikes for objective missions. 4 Troop choices totalling 20 men does not inspire confidence. 21 *very* easy Kill Points too. I know Dark Eldar are KP heavy, but still...

· Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yikes for objective missions. 4 Troop choices totalling 20 men does not inspire confidence. 21 *very* easy Kill Points too. I know Dark Eldar are KP heavy, but still...
This is so true, and I think I will have to rework my list to at least get 6 troops choices in.
It means probably losin 2 scourges though.

· Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
So I dropped the wyches and 2 units of scourges to gain 3 more warrior squads, including a retinue of 9 with splinter racks. (So I keep the same number of 'lances', and gain 2 splinter cannons, so I guess its ok) My troops are still paper thin though, hoping more is better.

Asdrubel vect

9 warriors
blaster
raider
splinter racks

5 units of
5 kabalites
blaster
in venom
115 each (575)

3 units of
5 Trueborn
4 with blasters
in raider
180 each (540)

1 unit of
5 scourges
2 blasters
140 each

3 ravagers
with flickerfields
115 each (345)

grand total of 1996

On a side note; I think I'm going to modify my old raiders (shorten them and make them sleeker) to be my venoms. This should make this list at least a little less $.

· Registered
48 Posts
Why is Vect in this list? Other than that, this is the best DE list I've seen here.

EDIT: Put sails on the Trueborn Raiders.

EDIT 2: And prob on the venoms too, if they can have them. You want to get in their face fast for turn 2 blasting.

· Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Why is Vect in this list? Other than that, this is the best DE list I've seen here.
You may be right about Asdrubel. He is here because he is my only cc and he is a cc monster, and because of the ability to seize the initiative on a 4+ (which is better than actually 'going first' imo)

I am not otherwise sure about the hq, I like lady malys ability to move units around (which is dependable and could make a significant difference.) The duke's ability to make a unit deep strike and the added shootiness. Or a couple of homunculi for their liquifiers. Or a cheap archon with a blaster? So far Asdrubel seems lie the best (though expensive) choice.

· Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
EDIT: Put sails on the Trueborn Raiders.

EDIT 2: And prob on the venoms too, if they can have them. You want to get in their face fast for turn 2 blasting.
When you use aethersails you can't shoot on the following turn. It would be turn 3 before I could shoot. They also don't give you a lot more movement on the average. (and potentially only 2 inches.

· Registered
4,181 Posts
Not sure about the Scourge, I might consider dropping them in order to get Cannon on all the Venoms, which will give you an assload more anti-Horde, even given that several of them will inevitably bite the dust.

· Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
thanks

I might consider dropping them in order to get Cannon on all the Venoms, which will give you an assload more anti-Horde, even given that several of them will inevitably bite the dust.
Thanks Sethis. This was a complete oversight on my part as I tought I had bought them the splinter canons allready.

Asdrubel vect

9 warriors
blaster
raider
splinter racks

5 units of
5 kabalites
blaster
in venom
2x splinter canons
125 each (625)

3 units of
5 Trueborn
4 with blasters
in raider
180 each (540)

3 Reavers
Blaster

3 ravagers
with flickerfields
115 each (345)

grand total of 1991

· Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Options

Thinking of changing

Asdrubel vect

9 warriors
blaster
raider
splinter racks
to

Asdrubel vect

3 sslyth (retinue)
in Venom
spl canon

to give asdrubel 6 ablative toughness 5 wounds

or

2 sslyth
2x medusae
in venom
w 2x spl canon

don't get toughness 5 until the medusae die but 2 nice templates and 2x spl canons.

· Registered
2 Posts
Have you thought about using Phantasm Grenade Launchers on the Scourges?

They are S4 so when you DS in you can glance rear armor. Doesn't sound good I know...BUT the additional Haywire greanade effect is MUCH more reliable to stop tanks from shooting. With two scourges shooting, you're gonna get 1 hit, possibly 2. At that point you only have a 16% chance of NOT damaging the tank per hit due to the haywire effect. Shooting with blasters you will hit with 1, possibly 2, and a 50% of NOT damaging the tank.

Using the PGL trades penetrating on a 5 or 6 and glancing on a 4, to penetrating on a 6 and glancing on a 2-5.

· Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well i read it: "the following shooting phase" not turn ( page 63 ) but i think the 24" boosting is enough anyway, if you want to do this.
You are absolutelly right on both counts

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.