Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the list I have been using for a few weeks now. The worst I have done with it thus far was getting a draw. However I have only been fighting MEQ and I wonder what you guys think if I used this list against any other army (and in general).

HQ

• ShockPile - Big Mek (110pts) 'Eavy armour, Burna, Cybork body, Mek's tools, Shokk attack gun
Elites

• 10x Lootas (150pts)
  • 10x Lootas (150pts)
  • 10x Lootas (150pts)
Troops

• Grumpy - Deff Dread (120pts) Armour plates, 4x Dreadnought close combat weapon, Grot riggers
  • Snippa'z Sharp Shootaz - 30x Ork Boyz (235pts)
    • 26x Shoota Boys
    • 3x Boys with Big shootas
    • Snippa - Nob 'Eavy armour, Power klaw
Fast Attack

• Da Trashcan - Dakkajet (130pts) 3 Twin-linked supa shootas, Fighta Ace
  • Da Three Stoogez - 3x Deffkoptas (135pts)
    • Larry - Deffkopta Choppa, Twin-linked rokkit launcha
    • Curly - Deffkopta Choppa, Twin-linked rokkit launcha
    • Moe - Deffkopta Choppa, Twin-linked rokkit launcha
Heavy Support

• Looted Wagon (150pts) 'Ard case , Armour plates , 2x Big shoota , Boomgun , Grot riggers, Reinforced ram
  • Looted Wagon (150pts) 'Ard case , Armour plates , 2x Big shoota , Boomgun , Grot riggers, Reinforced ram
TOTAL: 1500pts

·
Registered
564 Posts
there is one critique that all veteran ork players will tell you, you need more boyz in your troops choices. 30 boyz won't cut it at any points level. you need to have faith in your regular units. there is a lot of units that sound good but without your back bone of troops you won't do well.

some input for your list

HQ bigmek is a good choice, IMO just over tooled, your SAG can pretty much cover the board so he won't need to move much, just get him into cover to gain a save, so maybe just SAG, EA or CB

elites
I would just go with the 2 units of lootas
This would free up 150 points straight off the bat (that's a unit of 20 boyz + a nob with a PK)

troops
deff dread doesn't fit, your entire army is kitted up for shooting and then this guy has to try and walk the length of the field to be able to do anything. lose him that's enough points for a 20 boyz squad.
your other unit is a perfect ork troop unit

fast attack
the deffkoptas although they sound good as a squadron there low LD means you lose one and then your making a morale check straight away and a good chance they will break. if you drop one of them and run the 2 defkoptas as separate units then use those points to put a nob with a PK into that 20 boyz mob from the deff dread swap
Don't use flyers so can't comment on that

the looted wagons you have put way to much into them and they aren't really a tank very week armour and for the same points you could get a tooled battle wagon or a battlewagon with a kill kannon. these would also become mobile fortresses and you could put your lootas on board or put 20 boyz units inside them. otherwise just leave them bare with the boom gun and take 3 of them. alternative drop your wagons use it to get another two 20 boyz unit with a nob and PK, otherwise change out the wagons for tooled up battlewagons

so with the changes you will now have more troops choices and with the left over points bulk out your squads

hopefully that helps you along a bit but bare in mind this is my idea and you can ignore them or otherwise take it on board.

either way appy stompin

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
there is one critique that all veteran ork players will tell you, you need more boyz in your troops choices. 30 boyz won't cut it at any points level. you need to have faith in your regular units. there is a lot of units that sound good but without your back bone of troops you won't do well.

some input for your list

HQ bigmek is a good choice, IMO just over tooled, your SAG can pretty much cover the board so he won't need to move much, just get him into cover to gain a save, so maybe just SAG, EA or CB

troops
deff dread doesn't fit, your entire army is kitted up for shooting and then this guy has to try and walk the length of the field to be able to do anything. lose him that's enough points for a 20 boyz squad.
your other unit is a perfect ork troop unit

fast attack
the deffkoptas although they sound good as a squadron there low LD means you lose one and then your making a morale check straight away and a good chance they will break. if you drop one of them and run the 2 defkoptas as separate units then use those points to put a nob with a PK into that 20 boyz mob from the deff dread swap
Don't use flyers so can't comment on that

the looted wagons you have put way to much into them and they aren't really a tank very week armour and for the same points you could get a tooled battle wagon or a battlewagon with a kill kannon. these would also become mobile fortresses and you could put your lootas on board or put 20 boyz units inside them. otherwise just leave them bare with the boom gun and take 3 of them. alternative drop your wagons use it to get another two 20 boyz unit with a nob and PK, otherwise change out the wagons for tooled up battlewagons

so with the changes you will now have more troops choices and with the left over points bulk out your squads

hopefully that helps you along a bit but bare in mind this is my idea and you can ignore them or otherwise take it on board.

either way appy stompin
I agree with this part. I like the three units of lootas. The deffdread is the oddball. I think I would arm it with kustom mega blastas to make it fit more with the army. I like the shooty army I play them myself but two looted wagons are over tooled up maybe strip them down and add a unit of big guns kannons.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts