Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Note more questions may come in the morning.

Ok is it possible for an old rouge trader dynasty to have a space asteroid ship like the Rock or Phalanx?

and

Was the Exorcist-class Grand Cruiser around during the the GC?

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
1) what they have is limited only by your imagination. As I recall, the first Soul Drinkers book opens with a Marine assault upon a large space station owned by a Rogue Traders, so... why not a mobile version of the same? In Matthew Farrer's Crossfire, one Rogue Trader fleet is practically an armada to itself. I don't imagine that the ship would be anywhere near as well-armed as such mobile fortress-monasteries as you named, but sure, there's nothing to stop a Rogue Trader from sticking engines onto a large hunk of rock, or some such.

2) well, it's certainly old, given that the Mars class is its replacement. I dunno if it has been positively identified as a HH-era ship, but it's probably a safer bet than most other BFG ship variants. As a minor downside, the moniker "Exorcist" sounds like a name for a class of ship more grounded in the modern 40k mentality, accepting daemons, exorcisms, etc. I imagine shipwrights in the age of the Imperial Truth would think long and hard before naming a class as such...

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
The Emperor Class is at least 10,000 years old, so is a Heresy Era Ship. The Vengeance class is also a pre-Heresy Design.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts