Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
The Captain has fangs for fuck's sake. Awesome model, if out-classed by its snap-together Space Hulk counterparts.

I feel no remorse not buying this boxed set any more, though it is a fuckin' massive deal for what's in it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am still not sure whether I will really get it.

Probably will, though.
I could use all nid models, the exclusive spawn looks cool (although I also like the normal broodlord), my boyfriend would take all Blood Angels models (and therefore share the price with me) and I do not own a rules book. I usually play with people that own the rules, so I never needed one, but I guess it would be nice to have my own book. And the BA cover looks nice.
So for this price that I probably a "do it".

The only thing that speaks against it would be, that the nids in the box are not those which I wanted to buy next. But I guess sooner or later I would've expended my troops with these nids anyway. :scratchhead:

·
Registered
11 Posts
The Spacehulk broodlord is very similar. It is a little bit smaller and has no horn.
(From here: Chaos Terminators for Space Hulk)

So no, it is not just the one from Space Hulk, but they probably used this as inspiration.
(From here: A New Broodlord)
Couple more pictures:

Or did you mean the non-box broodlord? That would be the "hug me" one.
(From here: Rawrghs Tyranid Horde)

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Thanks but I was not asking if it was the same as the one from Space Hulk, I asked if the original model was not just the one from Space Hulk but if there was one from the GW range

·
Registered
663 Posts
Hey, nice to see that Broodlord I recently painted popping up. :)

The funny thing about that box is that I play neither Blood Angels nor Tyranids and still it's kind of tempting. In my defence, I don't have a 7th edition rulebook yet. But yeah, it's weird. Anybody getting the box and wants it painted mayhaps and would be okay if I took the mini rulebook as part of the payment? :D

21 - 28 of 28 Posts