Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I find it funny how when fantasy was in 5th edition, 40k was in 2nd. Now theve fucked up 40k so much, so many times, it'll now be on 5th edition, as opposed to fantasy's 7th.

40k is catching up. Soon it'll overtake fantasy completely!

·
Registered
954 Posts
I think 5th ed will be good too. Hopefully it will get rid of the cheese misters out there!

"Oh dear, having to take troops!! what a shame! Yes that right not enough points for all 3 falcon and harlies , yes you'll just have to shove them up yer fuckin ass!!!!"

(bad day at work, soz)

MarzM

·
Registered
368 Posts
I'm taking a wait and see approach. i wont get my hopes up too much but i will say that some of the rumours bouncing around have caught my attention and in a good way. Especially the change to vehicles.

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
<ahem> So...how 'no holds barred' is the Endgame forum?

If I were to have, say, a rapidshare link to the prerelease leak of 5th edition.l..would it be something I could, hypothetically, post here?

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
It's not something I cooked up myself, just found it on 4chan.
I'm not normally a supporter of piracy, but at this early stage (It's a very obvious WIP file) I'd call it rumor-mongering. I suppose anyone who;s interested could either PM me or brave the wilds of 4chan themselves

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
If word got out we were sharing pdf downloads I think there'd be trouble so i'd prefer it if nothing further was said on the matter.

Is it illegal to link to a site that links to rapidshare?
Rapidshare is a legal file-hosting service, sites that happen to index files available on rapidshare aren't illegal. Whatever people choose to post there is, of course, not under our control and therefore, not our responsibility.

So whatever someone may or may not find there is between them and the gods of the interwebs

How large is that file, is it emailable?
The file I found is only about 800k, just shy of one megabyte. Very small, very easily e-mailed...you should be able to find it easy enough if you've been paying attention.

It's a small file because it appears to be an early working copy, almost entirely text with only place-holders and such for graphics. Lots of 'this needs changed' over things like the old 3rd edition weapon types chart. If it is legit it's in a state that makes it very much subject to change. Hence my chalking it up to rumor spreading rather than considering it piracy

·
Registered
208 Posts
Yeah the 4th edition has so many floors in it,

Lets hope some of the people at GW with more than one brain cell can put something decent together, but, tbh, I'm not holding any reservations, I've written my own set of rules, and it took me 3 years, with the help of 2 mates and it still has little flaws and gray areas. Where as GW are releasing this, when, November... hmm... not sure its gonna be faultless.

But I hope its better than the trash we have atm.

-Rob

1 - 13 of 13 Posts