Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey Forum,

So, back in 6th, Tyranid's had a pretty nifty rule that gave a -3Ld modifier to enemy psykers within 12"... Now that psykic tests have changed, and don't use Ld... this rule is null and void until it gets FAQed.

With the new system, how do you think this rule should be FAQed to work, yet still follow the fluff of the game??

My thoughts is making enemy psyker's peril on double 5s in addition to double 6s. (Double 4s are still Ok).

Or, maybe they only pass tests on WC dice rolls of 5+ instead of 4+... hence making it harder, but less risk to perils.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
1) Unfortunately, it's not Null and Void. It reduces the LD of all psykers in range by 3. Not their CHECK, their actual LD stat. It's a minor effect compared to it's historical power, but it does make Perils and Fear more effective.

2) It should give a -1 to Warp Charge Dice rolled to succeed for Psychic Powers. I.e. succeed on a "5" not a "4".

·
Registered
773 Posts
a 3rd option could be to lower the number of WC generated by the psychics nearby. I don't know how many Tyranids have it so how much it would have an effect. But maybe reduce the WC generated by Psychics in that range by 1 dice (1 per psychic, not 1 per shadow on each psychic)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts