Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So me and a friend are wondering, what the hell is the use for the nids Shadow in the Warp? the new faq says nil about it, the new rulebook, from what hes told me as fedex has sent mine through my town twice to other places to have it sent back to me, doesnt cover shadow. So whats it do now?

·
Registered
409 Posts
Fantastic question. My friend and I have compromised by saying that any psyker within 12" of a Tyranid with Shadow in the Warp only has access to half of the warp charge points that are in the pool, rounding up if there is an odd number of points.

So just for example, if there are 9 warp charge points in the pool, then enemy psykers within 12" of a Hive Tyrant (or any other Tyranid with Shadow in the Warp) will only have access to 5 of them.

Obviously, this is an agreement that I share with a friend, how this will go over with a random player I have no idea, but honestly I think it is a perfectly acceptable replacement.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the rule we agreed on is any psyker in 12" of one of the nids with it does not get to add their mastery lvl to the number of points generated, as they are too focused on ignoring the hive mind or struggling with the voices from the hive mind

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I would think the shadow does just what it says. This time though the nerf is not from harder casting, but in more frequent perils.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
It makes perils a lot scarier. Which by my experience with the new perils system, happens quite often. The suggested house rules above severely hamper the tyranid opponents psychers. Which is the desired effect, I suppose.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts