Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so this list is made off the wording in the codex "Lord of Plague". It says if you take a Greater Deamon you can take DP's as heavy support choices FROM THE CODEX. So, for each CAD you have you can take DP's as a heavy and not have to take a Greater Daemon more than once. So without further ado...

CAD #1: Kor'Goth's Warhost

++HQ++

GUO (Kor'Goth): w/ ML 1 - 190

++Troops++

Nurglings - 45
Nurglings - 45
Nurglings - 45

++Heavy Support++

Daemon Prince: w/ Daemonic Flight, Warp-forged Armour, DoN - 220

CAD #2: Dren'kath's Brotherhood, twice allied to Kor'Goth

++HQ++

Daemon Prince (Dren'kath): w/ Daemonic Flight, Warp-forged Armour, DoN - 220

++Troops++

Nurglings - 45
Nurglings - 45
Nurglings - 45

++Heavy Support++

Okaaayyyy, that was fun! Basically, The Daemon Princes fly around and kill GEQ, MEQ, TEQ, Tanks, Artillery, Super-Heavies, Fortifications, Flyers, the whole lot. The GUO strides forth surrounded by his baby nurglings. I gave him ML 1 so he can try and summon more units of plague bearers to capture/contest objectives.

Advice encouraged, thanks in advance <3

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
One downside--without a GUO in that second CAD, you can't take the DPs as HS. They FAQ'd the wording on the force org shifting so that it's specific to that detachment.

(IDK if I used enough acronyms there. WYSIWYG. ATSKNF. Etc...)

·
Registered
533 Posts
Looks nasty. Not something to use outside of a competitive meta, that's for sure

I don't think a second GUO would be bad to have. At 1850 I'd have two GUOs both with baleswords (gives you something for wraithknights) and then five daemon princes. Imperial knights are definitely going to be tough for you. A single knight would give you real problems, waiting for the first MC to charge one of their units then jumping in and probably squashing an MC per turn

Maybe it would be stronger if you had two GUOs, Be'lakor and three daemon princes. Be'lakor would take the place of two DPs but is a threat to knights and land raiders at least.

Actually I'm glad about the knight counter to this build because I wouldn't like to come across a list made entirely of GUOs and shrouded princes :(

·
Registered
311 Posts
if you use a keeper of secrets in the second cad then you can put lash's on three slaaneshi princes, with a lucky biomancy roll or 2 that gives you 2d6 s9 shots on a flying prince to help deal with those pesky knights

·
Registered
78 Posts
Tzeentch:crazy: fall to chaos necrontyr:eek:k:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts