Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Voting for

Voting in this deathmatch should be based not just on painting skill, but also for application of different painting techniques, individual artist improvement, creativity and originality etc.

In order to vote, you must pick your favourite 3 entries and list them in order of favourite to least favourite. For example I would vote:

1) Dave T Hobbit (favourite)
2) humakt (second favourite)
3) Viscount Vash (third favourite)

If you vote for an entry as your favourite that entry will recieve 3 points, if you vote for an entry as your second favourite it will recieve 2 points and if you vote for an entry as your third favourite it will recieve 1 point. Once voting is finished I will add up all of the results and the winner will be announced.

If you have entered but do not cast your vote, then no votes for you will count. This is to encourage voting and to ensure that we at least get some votes. If there are fewer than four entries, you do not have to cast all your votes.

Voting will close at midnight GMT on 9 October 2015. Any votes cast after this time may be disregarded. If you do not vote for 1st, 2nd and 3rd then your vote will also be disregarded.

Awards are as follows:
Participation: 1 reputation
3rd Place: 2 reputation
2nd Place: 3 reputation
1st Place: 4 reputation, receive Mark of Slaanesh during the quarterly Heresy Online Awards

(DO NOT VOTE FOR YOURSELF)

The Entries are below. There are more photographs of some entries in the Entry Thread:

Fiddlestix

Iraqiel

R_Squared

The Gunslinger

Nordicus

Moriouce

GrimzagGorwazza

Sirk

Lord of the Night

Tha Tall One

Mmbob
http://www.heresy-online.net//uk.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

·
To The Dark Tower Came
879 Posts
1. R_Squared, Lots of things going on here with this model, all of them good :good:
2. Iraqiel, yea its the underside that does it for me, very nice.
3. GrimzagGorwazza, really like the rust effect, looks great.

Well done everyone, great work!

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Some really awesome entries this month, also great to see people who have put their hand in, that's awesome to see and I encourage you to keep it up! Maybe one day we can equal the skills of our resident genius Nordicus!

Having said that, I really can't go past GrimzagGorwazza's treads this time!

1. GrimzagGorwazza
2. Nordicus
3. Lord of the Night - you have really got down into some fine detailing there and I like how you've balanced your colour palate across the models!

Honourable mentions to those who I really in particular had trouble choosing between, especially Tha Tall One with your very cool looking concept for undead, R_Squared and Mmbob with your Orksome Wagons with amazing wear, nice freehand checkers and similarly good detailing, and Moriouce with your crisp freehand, burnished canopies and sterling layering.

You other guys, keep up the painting, and keep entering these, it's great to see your work and no doubt you'll find your brush painting you into top spot eventually!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Nordicus - awesome painting
Iraqiel - love the camo
Mmbob - perfectly how orks should look

·
Registered
633 Posts
1) R_Squared for the orky-est wagon I've seen. Top notch.
2) Mmbob a very orky wagon, great freehand checkers
3) Moriouce while it ain't orky, it sure has hell is a fine piece of wraithbone warmachine, great crisp colors, the effect on the glass is great

·
Registered
522 Posts
1. Iraqiel - Nice camo on the top, ace starlight patterns underneath. Love it.
2. Grim - So gritty and fantastically weathered I can practically taste the rust in the air.
3. Sirk - Some really nice blending and highlights, crisp and clean all over. Great job.

Honorable mention - Mmbob, I really like your wagon, the chequering, the subtle scratches and weathering, the filth and oiliness of it, it's a top job. I wish we could choose more tbh.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Holy shit it's a tough one this month! People really put out all the stops!

I'm gonna have to go with this:
1. R_squared: That simple looks amazing! Nothing short of it.
2. Iraqiel: Close one but the underside og that plane really looks good with that amount of detail.
3. Nordicus: Those little buggers look freaking amazing, both with the shades and the amount of detail.

Good work form everyone here! The bar is getting raised substantiely every month! :D

·
Registered
55 Posts
Honorable mention - Mmbob, I really like your wagon, the chequering, the subtle scratches and weathering, the filth and oiliness of it, it's a top job. I wish we could choose more tbh.
Thank you! And i really agree. There is a lot of really good work and a lot of time put in to the entries this month!

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
1) Tha Tall One
2) MmBob
3) Sirk

Seconded.

LotN

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Well done @R_Squared and @Nordicus, and again well done to everyone who entered, I think that the painting skills of this month's entries were terrific, often very original (not mine, I stole the top scheme from Stuka bombers and the bottom from Xeno, with some adaptations here and there) which was great to see.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts