Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
I didn't realize I was someone you aim to beat in these competitions - I take that as an honour!

In any case, for now I will submit my Nurglings:

If my Sorcerer turns out better, I will replace them with him - Not quite sure yet which is best for the submission, but hey, they're cute to look at at least!
Hmm. I think I may have a new use for the pot of Nurgle's Rot I have sitting around...

·
Unhinged Hobo
2,341 Posts
Okay i feel a little background is needed for this one. My imperial guard are based on a planet under chaos control but a recent crusade tried to liberate them before the crusade got cut off as well and all imperial forces have ended up fighting a guerrilla war. With that in mind i wanted a tank that had been mothballed by the pdf because they didn't have the expertise or weaponry to get it back in the field, but which had been dragged out of whatever damp storage space it had been living in for decades, repaired and rearmed; and was now ready to bring vengeance to the enemies of the big E once again.

·
Critique for da CriticGod
3,351 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Ok one from the noob, not sure if this qualifies built at beginning of august but didn't paint until last week

Hard but fun to paint

Cheers

kris

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
one from the noob
None too shabby there mate, that's an excellent spawn of the dark powers there!

Okay i feel a little background is needed for this one. My imperial guard are based on a planet under chaos control but a recent crusade tried to liberate them before the crusade got cut off as well and all imperial forces have ended up fighting a guerrilla war. With that in mind i wanted a tank that had been mothballed by the pdf because they didn't have the expertise or weaponry to get it back in the field, but which had been dragged out of whatever damp storage space it had been living in for decades, repaired and rearmed; and was now ready to bring vengeance to the enemies of the big E once again.
Mate that is totally awesome. As you may have guessed, I'm a bit of a treadhead, and that is a damn fine set of treads, if you don't mind me saying so!

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Some of my own background for these boys; the Forge World Triplex Nicarum is a trio of worlds devoted to the creation, manufacture and use of Toxic and Rad weaponry. Hence, the planet is one gigantic nuclear-factory/toxic waste dump. What little remains of the planet's original surface is rocky and desolate, the very earth tainted by the continuous generation of poison chemicals and toxic sludge. Since the Skitarii cohorts of Triplex Nicarum are currently fending off an invasion by Hive Fleet Leviathan (The third Tyranid invasion of the Forge World in history) I have based them fighting on their own barren and poisonous world.

(Also the Alpha has been given a second pistol from the Sydonian Dragoon kit. I love the idea of a gunslinger leader for my force's biggest squad.)

The first half of Unit Sigma-Epsilon is ready for war.

LotN

·
Registered
55 Posts
Last minute entry. First time painting a model this size :p Had to buy 5 new paints I didn't know I needed for this :p

Before:

After:

·
Registered
522 Posts
Nice job! I like the freehand checks, I prefer them to transfers if I'm honest.
The battlewagon is a great model to paint, I really enjoyed doing mine.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Nice job! I like the freehand checks, I prefer them to transfers if I'm honest.
The battlewagon is a great model to paint, I really enjoyed doing mine.
You'd rather have them transferred then freehanded?
Let's put it this way: First time I'm doing checkers and now I know what i did wrong and what to do next time. Eg. get a pen to draw in the checkers first and THEN paint then. Don't try and use a brush to do the straight lines :p

It was fun to paint. Without a doubt. Tried a lot of new things (like bullet hoels and scratching the paint), which I never would have dared to do until ow :p

·
Registered
522 Posts
I'm sorry that came across back to front. I prefer freehand checks, not transfers. The transfers are too neat, I think ork paint jobs should be a little rough and ready, they're not tau or elder after all.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts