Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Credit for these finds goes to Death Nikorps, the man whose doing what Black Library should be doing and keeping us all informed. Thanks Nikorps;

Death Nikorps said:
Hi everyone,

I found some new release dates for upcoming books and posted it on Twitter a few days ago:

- Ahriman: Unchanged by John French - Trade-Paperback - December 2015/ January 2016

- Silver Skulls: Portents by Sarah Cawkwell - Trade-Paperback (paper edition !) - November/December 2015

- Sanctus Reach by Ben Counter and Guy Haley - Omnibus - November/December 2015 - Evil Sun Rising & Blood on the Mountain in a Space Marine Battles omnibus

- Deathfire by Nick Kyme - Trade-Paperback - October/Novembrer 2015 - So the Hardback edition in July/August (Kyme said this summer)

- Macragge's Honour by Dan Abnett & Neil Roberts - Hardback - October/November 2015 - Not limited edition !

- Grey Knights: Sons of Titan de David Annandale - Hardback - September/October 2015 - I talked with him and he said this is an anthology of his GK stories (Maledictus, audios, short stories + a new story)

And the last one, very strange:

- I Am Slaughter by Dan Abnett - Hardback - December 2015/January 2016 - I have NO IDEA of what this is. Here screens from Amazon.fr and Amazon.de:

[centre][/centre]

You see, it's Games Workshop. But what ? Amazon error or reality ? What do you think ?

And some reprint:

- Courage and Honour & The Killing Ground by McNeill

- The Guns of Tanith & Honour Guard by Abnett

- Daemon World by Counter

:)
So in this year we can expect the third Ahriman novel, a new Silver Skulls novel from Pyroriffic, an omnibus containing all the Sanctus Reach novellas/shorts/audios that were released last year, another omnibus containing all the Grey Knights stuff that David Annandale has done so far and some new stuff, a new Salamanders Horus Heresy novel from Nick Kyme (Let the hating begin), a non-LE reprint of the fantastic Macragge's Honour graphic novel, and a new hardback from Dan Abnett that sounds absolutely brilliant. And reprints of the fourth and fifth Ultramarines novels, two more Gaunt's Ghosts reprints and a reprint of the absolutely brilliant stand-alone novel Daemon World. (I don't normally buy reprints of novels I already have but Daemon World may be the exception.)

LotN

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
Please, please, pleeeeeeeease BL. Let someone else have a crack at the damn Salamanders!!!!!! Deathfire?! Really? What's the blurb below the title gonna be for this one "Into the flames" "The flaming anvil" "The hammer of flame"

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Please, please, pleeeeeeeease BL. Let someone else have a crack at the damn Salamanders!!!!!! Deathfire?! Really? What's the blurb below the title gonna be for this one "Into the flames" "The flaming anvil" "The hammer of flame"
You're being sarcastic, I know, but actually "Into the Flames" might actually be fitting considering the cover;

LotN

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
/Vulkan Lives

WE GET IT!!!! Salamanders like fucking fire. I'm imagining Kyme coming up with titles for other novels.

Scars, becomes - Fast Scars 'Upon bikes we whoop'
A Thousand Sons, becomes- Magic and Knowledge 'Abracadabra'
Legion, becomes - Spies within Spies 'A web of lies and scales'
Betrayer - Eater of Worlds 'Blood for the blood god'

And so on and so forth. Just take any Heresy title, break it down into the most unsubtle of Legion stereotypes and add a stupid blurb that further exaggerated stereotype. And there you have Kyme. His characters are similarly as easy to name. Wolfsbane McWolfson, Irondrak Anvilson, Ceaser Ultimus, Vlad Von Angeles, Spymaster Spyman.

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Betrayer - Eater of Worlds 'Blood for the blood god'
Which is actually the title of Anthony Reynolds' Kharn novel. Heh.

Ok, rather than discussing the name choice for Kyme's next HH novel, let's discuss what else is up there. Does anyone have any theories on what I am Slaughter by Dan Abnett could be about?? I think it could be a novel about the World Eaters or some other Khornate group, from the look of the title it's definitely going to be about Chaos and the Blood God.

LotN

·
Registered
364 Posts
Angel of Blood - Have you seen Abnett's writing schedule for 2/3 of 2015 - if he will write several pages of anything Gaunt Ghosts or Inquisitor related i would be pleasantly surprised.
I already consigned to not reading 'Warmaster' anytime soon :mad:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Don't worry, I'm pretty sure there will also be a few limited edition novellas, event exclusives, audio dramas and short stories. ;)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Oh. I completely forgot to post the news here. As I have done on my website, our Twitter and several forums on the net, I forgot Heresy Online...

Shame on me.

Thank you Lord of the Night for having shared everything here. :)

And by the way, all those new books have just DISAPEARED during this night off all Amazon websites.

You can check if you want, Google this:

" Grey Knights: Sons of Titan amazon "

You should have amazon.com and amazon.de, but if you click on it... error ! Does not exist !

I hope it's just Amazon, and not BL to angry against this disrespectful community that dares to communicate about upcoming releases. And told Amazon to remove the pages...

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you Lord of the Night for having shared everything here. :)
Not a problem.

I hope it's just Amazon, and not BL to angry against this disrespectful community that dares to communicate about upcoming releases. And told Amazon to remove the pages...
Then they should get back on the ball and start announcing these releases themselves. I remember when BL always had at least four months worth of future titles listed on their website, now we have none. And rather than use the blog to announce this stuff, all they do is plug the e-versions of source books and put up meaningless rankings and extracts of things we've known about for months.

LotN

·
8,723 Posts
Then they should get back on the ball and start announcing these releases themselves. I remember when BL always had at least four months worth of future titles listed on their website, now we have none. And rather than use the blog to announce this stuff, all they do is plug the e-versions of source books and put up meaningless rankings and extracts of things we've known about for months.
Annnnnd, that's why I've deleted the bookmark, removed myself from the mailing list and stick my head in the local GW once a month to have a quick look on the shelf. :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
ADB said in one of his recent blog posts that BL keeps upcoming stuff even more under wraps now.

Recent changes at BL have a tighter lid on current projects [...]
https://aarondembskibowden.wordpress.com/2015/03/10/rtj-faq-acronyms-ahoy/

The Emperor knows why.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi everyone,

here a new cover and some synopsis for upcoming books !

Asurmen is the first and greatest of the Phoenix Lords, a demigod of battle whose legend spans the stars. He shielded his people from destruction at the time of the Fall, and led his chosen warriors, the Dire Avengers, in defence of the eldar for ten thousand years. A superlative warrior and peerless leader, Asurmen is one of the greatest hopes of the eldar race.
Horus Heresy Deathfire by Nick Kyme

Vulkan lies in state beneath the Fortress of Hera, and yet many of his sons still refuse to believe that he is truly dead. After a seemingly miraculous rescue by the Ultramarines, Artellus Numeon, once captain of the Pyre Guard, urges the other Salamanders on Macragge to leave Imperium Secundus and return their primarch’s body to the home world of Nocturne – there to be reborn in the flames of Mount Deathfire. But Numeon grapples endlessly with his doubts and fears for the future of the Legion, while their foes seek to carve out new destinies of their own...
Ahriman: Unchanged by John French

It has taken many long years and countless sacrifices, but finally Ahriman, former Chief Librarian of the Thousand Sons, now exile and sorcerer, is ready to attempt the most audacious and daring feat of his long life. His quest for knowledge and power has all been for one purpose, and he would now see that purpose fulfilled. His goal? Nothing less than undoing his greatest failure and reversing the Rubric that damned his Legion…
I Am Slaughter by Dan Abnett

As the greatest Ork Waaagh! ever seen threatens to engulf the galaxy, the Imperial Fists make their last stand

It is the thirty-second millennium and the Imperium is at peace. The Traitor Legions of Chaos are but a distant memory and the many alien races that have long plagued mankind are held in check by the Space Marines. When a mission to exterminate one such xenos breed on the world of Ardamantua draws in more of their forces, the Imperial Fists abandon the walls of Terra for the first time in more than a thousand years. And when another, greater, foe strikes, even the heroic sons of Rogal Dorn may be powerless against it. The Beast Arises… and it is mighty.

:)

·
8,723 Posts
"I am slaughter" you say?

Shut up and take my fucking money! :yahoo:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts