Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it weird that I want to do a a second space marine army? I only ever feel comfortable playing marines, I'm just so used to them, but my current marine force is as far as I want to take it, it's a solid reliable shooty army and I want a change, both tactics wise but also I fancy a different chapter to. So I'm wondering what you think about having a second army from the same codex or maybe at the very least one of the sub codices like Dark Angels, Space Wolves or Blood Angels etc.

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Not really.
I've been playing with the idea of starting another SM army myself. Purely for the sake of a different chapter. Paint something I'm not used to, like a bright colour :)

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
i cant see anything wrong with it..if uou like marine go for it..but i would only suggest play another rule set just to give you a fresh start rules wise

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
I think if you stick with the SM codex you'll find yourself drifting back to the style of your old army just out of habit, so I think one of the other codexes might be the best bet. The DV box is great value if you can find someone to swap out the CSMs with. Or if the rumours prove to be true and a SWs codex is just around the corner, you could jump on that.

I think either of them are different enough with their robes, furs, wolf tails,winged helmets and axes, but are keeping the familiar aesthetics and feel of SMs that you want.

Another option might be to keep adding to your current army, but painting up each new unit as a different chapter. A sort of Crusader force. I know a bloke who's 3000pt army doesn't contain any two units from the same chapter. It looks very cool on the table.

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
The models I currently have on the whole are old models, the troops have been stripped and repainted, I have the old vindicator model, have a stripped chaos land raider that's bee converted into a crusader, the only actually need thing is the commander and stormtalon. The painting is not to bad for them but I think it's poor removal of mold lines, the glue, the not very sharp detail due to stripping and in some cashes poor conversion work etc that doesn't make them look especially sharp and neat.

Which is why I'm thinking of doing a new one from scratch in a neat manner with not to many conversions.

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
That is not strange at all. I am going to make two different style armies from the ork codex. Each has its own paint scheme and way it fights because like you I only really feel comfortable playing them. So go ahead and build it.

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)

·
So be it.
1,901 Posts
*Shameless BA Bump*

Flying Golden Terminators. Dakka Predators on Steroids. Fast Vehicles. A damned gorgeous Blood Red scheme. Art. Honor. Glory. Rage. Easily the best army :victory:

If you wanted to do something feral, they work, but SW are probably a bit better. BA are better for non-bike speed with a healthy dose of bat-shit crazy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.