Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
just looking for some experience/opinions here:
I have quite a bit of MDF terrain, which I plan to paint soon. I already did quite a bit of this, and have figured out how to properly spray paint them, without loosing detail, etc..
But here is the problem: I recently lost a box of terrain because of mold. The box was kept in a room that had a bit high humidity and wasn't moved for quite a while.
Of course, I will store my new terrain in another room, but I really want to make sure, that this does not happen again.
So I was wondering if anyone had any good experiences with seals. Apply them before painting or after, to protect the colour as well? I know, you should avoid things with high water content, because of swelling, but do you guys have any specific brands/products, that work very well for you?

Thanks for your help :victory:

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts
in all honesty mdf isnt a great material for making anything out of, it warps, it absorbs moisture, i think its saving grace is that its cheap, thats the only reason i can see that it ever became popular.

realistically you need to start with a decent non waterbased primer, car primer is ideal, then paint as normal and then use something like yacht varnish to seal it a couple of coats minimum, this will keep moisture out and prevent some chipping, or you could maybe try a brush on clear resin. the key is to encapsulate the terrain.

personally i would look for a different material if you have an issue with humidity, but if you already have the terrain then yacht varnish with a brush.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts