Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the weather improving and my urge to paint rising I plan to get my airbrush out again. The last time I messed around with it I noticed that the layers of paint came off pretty easy.

Is this because I am thinning to much?

Or do I need to seal each layer as I go?

What do I seal it with?

Can I use this as a way to fix mistakes? If I get a result I like and seal it. Can I remove the next layer without screwing that layer up to much?

·
Registered
0 Posts
What paints and thinner are you using? When airbrushing do your best to never touch the model, the oils and roughness of yours hand can scrape paints off very easy. A hair dryer is also a nice thing to have around.

·
Banned
7,889 Posts
A hair dryer is also a nice thing to have around.
Oooo Yeees !

Darling , you couldn't POSsibly hope for a good paint job if you have bad hair !

:grin:

·
Super Moderator
6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have been using Createx paints and water with a bit of flow-aid to thin them. I had not thought of using a hair dryer. What do you seal with? Is is something you use the airbrush for also?

·
Super Moderator
6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They all say airbrush colors on the sides of the bottles.

·
Registered
0 Posts
All createx paints require 24 hours or heat to cure properly. Also flow aid works but I find createx wicked color reducer to do a much better job.

As far as mid coat clear coats I use Winsor and Newton matte finish or createx matte coat.

·
Banned
7,889 Posts
They look like an awesome range of colours, but are the suitable for miniatures?

They seem to be targeted at larger applications like car art etc.

·
Banned
7,889 Posts
Ah goodo, I might need to check them out.

·
Super Moderator
6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is the color reducer stuff a concentrate? Do you dilute it with water then use it to thin the paints?

Edit: Pearlized and metallics require extra steps?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts