9 Space Marines
1 Space Marine Sgt
Missle launcher

Devastator Squad (Heavy) 170 pts
9 Space Marines
1 Space Marine Sgt

Reserves:
10-50 Space Marines

Nothing like swarm tactics with typically non-swarm armies. Thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
6,993 Posts
81 Space Marines
Its a lot of bodies on paper, but with next to no gear these guys will be struggling to deal with most armies.

Space Marine Captain (HQ) 105 pts
Melta bombs
Theres really no point to this guy, he's an expensive tactical marine with this loadout. Your better buy would be the librarian, who can at least support a squad.

Tactical Squad x2 (Troop) 340 pts
9 Space Marines
1 Space Marine Sgt
Flamer
Multi-melta
Two close range weapons designed for two different roles and with no close combat support for when they charge or are charged. I'd go for meltaguns at the very least, power weapons on the sergeants to give them a bit more punch.

Tactical Squad x2 (Troop) 340 pts
9 Space Marines
1 Space Marine Sgt
Flamer
Missle launcher

Tactical Squad x2 (Troop) 360 pts
9 Space Marines
1 Space Marine Sgt
Flamer
Lascannon
With nothing in the way of a fast or reliable method to get across the board these guys aren't going to be doing all that well. I'm guessing the plan is to combat squad and have the heavies hold back.

With no flyer defense, those heavy weapon groups are easy pickings (hell those squads in general are going to be hard pressed because of flyers.)

Devastator Squad (Heavy) 185 pts
9 Space Marines
1 Space Marine Sgt
Missle launcher

Devastator Squad (Heavy) 170 pts
9 Space Marines
1 Space Marine Sgt
One missile launcher between two full heavy weapon squads just feels like a waste. At the very least why not an assault squad?

Thoughts?
Honestly, with little in the way of dealing with armour, or big creatures, or flyers, all I can say is good luck seeing many victories.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
At 1500 points against CSM I'm always up against two Heldrakes, and without an ADL and a flier of my own I basically just lose to their vector strikes and cannons.

With this list, aside from luck with the less than handful of heavy weapons you have snap shot-ing down a flier how would you deal with fliers in general?

I would add that relying on snap shots to down a flier is a pretty bad idea, specially since it means in any given squad of yours that means 9 marines are doing absolutely nothing that turn (barring combat squads, then it would be a mere 4 marines sucking their thumbs and hoping for the best).

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
What do you mean by reserve 10 to 50 space marines I take it that's is how many you would like in the list.
I would say 40 is enough of just normal marines.
Then I would add in some storm talons and or ravens and some rhinos.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts