Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a tourne in 3 weeks and need help finishing my Screamers council. Missions will be 4x kill points 2x objectives. Portaglyph for objectivegames to spawn more objective holders. The councile will then kill one unit at a time and dance away picking their fights behind the SG firewall with their grimoure and divination 2+ save with re roll on 1s. Perfect for kill points!

This is my first draft. My main concerns are 2 things, first wether or not to take the 3ed SG (phlegm on all? Best anti marine in the list) or turn it into more offence. Second wether or not to use fiends as my only C.C? Any other ways I can make the list better? Need quick help, list is due today.

Kairos 300p

Herald of Tz, lev 3, exalted reward grimoire, disc 150p
Herald of Tz, lev 3, exalted reward portoglyph/doomstone, lesser reward, disc 160p
Herald of Tz, lev 3, locus of conjuration, disc, lesser reward 155p

Heavy support
Soulgrinder, phlegm, MoN 180p

Fast attack
8 Screamers 200p
8 Fiends 280p

Troops
11 Horrors 99p
11 Horrors 99p
1998p

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This is the list I finally turned in:

Kairos 300p

Herald of Tz, lev 3, exalted reward grimoire, disc 150p
Herald of Tz, lev 3, exalted reward portoglyph/doomstone, lesser reward, disc 160p
Herald of Tz, lev 3, locus of conjuration, disc, lesser reward 155p
Herald of Tz, lev 2, disc, 2x lesser reward 130p

Heavy support

Fast attack
8 Screamers 200p
7 Screamers 175p

Troops
10 Horrors 90p
10 Horrors 90p
2000p

Plan is to let the grimoure HoT jump between screamerunits giving the improved save to both units until C.C and if need be dubbel charge were needed not get stuck in a tarpit.
Any real us for Kairos or do everyone else do like me and let him fly of the bird as often as possible?

·
Registered
379 Posts
Looks awesome, can't wait to hear how you did^^. I'm a little unsure myself about having 2 big blobs of screamers but only 1 Grimoire.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Kairos doesn't want to be embroiled in combat (as he'll quickly be instability'd out, unless you Grimoire him which is kind of a waste of your one use), but you can let loose with a bunch of Flickering Fire shots or Prescience up to 4 friendly units with him, etc.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tourne went so and so as I got a fever after my first game but still managed a 15th out of 30. Elder and necrons was the meta this tourne with me seeing necrons/gk, necrons, necrons, tau and CSM. The list was great, kairos rerolled the warp fire table so 1/4 of the time I scored 10+ on the table and only once -4. The council only hade 5 wounds during the hole tourne! Having a fever I didn't get to par but with my mind in the right place I should have made top 5 easy. The council can't be killed but tarpitted so chose your enemy's and keep a bailout team close by. Can't give to much of a battle report from the games as I was in I fever but hope that you get some idea to how good the council is!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts