Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I noticed these things in my corner shop, and I thought 'now, that's a hell of a shape...' Unfortunately I'm not much of a beer drinker, but my brother is, so I convinced him to buy a couple next time he was shopping for booze and let me keep the cans...

It's a little on the tall side, but it definitely has a good shape, and for once it's a transport that LOOKS like it could hold ten dudes or a dreadnought.

Best part is, it's a nice sturdy shape and good thickness, so it's not in terrible danger of being crushed accidentally.

That's right, Heineken Keg Can

Just imagine a big hatch detail made from some thin plasticard on that midsection, possibly a domed top. Fins optional.

And not only is it big enough to encompass a dread, but it;s about 2 levels high and therefore blocks a lot of board space, making it a good podwall candidate.

Eyeballing, I;d say it's about 5 1/2" high, and about 3-4" in diameter

Assuming you are a beer drinker, it's basically a free or very cheap drop pod, depending on the price difference between Heiney and your regular brew.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I will say it's much better than PBR or Nat Ice...

For beer, I lSam, dog fish head, and magic hats are always good.

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't drink beer, so my brother got the suds and i got the pod ;-)

·
Registered
33 Posts
ahhh, why is it beer helps with drop pods so much?

I built this one from a Fosters crate.. you can still see one of his friends in the background..

·
Registered
280 Posts
Nothing against a Beer can; but not to many tourney judges are going to let you use it in a game. Beside here is what you can do with a bit of Cardboard.

I built these two out of cardboard and a few bits in just a couple hours (paint is taking longer).

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, I wasn't planning on slamming just a beer can down. There;d be hatches and details and paint, but it;s a start ;-)

No argument that yours looks much cooler though.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I love the beer can idea. Would like to see some other peoples drop pods as well so stick em up if u got em plz lol
Ive got a empty jar of coffee and a honey pot im thinking about using (both upside down) but yeah need some ideas for flaps, hatch's, ramps, wings etc

1 - 11 of 11 Posts