Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I posted this before butcantseem to find it now, so I'm reposting. The first three pictures are of a paper mock upI did to test the template. The following pictures are of the additional steps I took. The plastic card for the fusalage broke where I scored it soI just glued it to the paper template that I used to make it.

·
Registered
261 Posts
This looks to be a fantastic project +rep

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Here it is at long last, 90% finished. All I got to do now is finishing up some of the detail work. But It only took me almost two years. Next up I'm already working on a Helltalon. I'll be Starting a new thread for that one.

·
Registered
0 Posts
The overall conversion/scratchbuild is pretty well done. Couple area that probably could have been touched up or details added to spice it up a bit but nothing huge. Now I am going to talk about the paint.

1st Only primer after you have finished everything, makes your life hard trying to glue to primer.

2nd Only primer when it is dry and shake well. I am guessing the rough texture is from the primer, you might have to spray a bit closer to the model as well.

3rd Thin your paints out. You can tell when paint is thick after it dries. Several thin coats are much better then 1 thick coat.

4th Invest in some fine (2000 grit) sandpaper, it can help smooth rough primer, remove small hairs in paint, and allow you to go over an area again with thinner coats to help smooth things out. Sandpaper is one of my most used tools in my kit.

Looking forward to seeing this done and your next project.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Thanks, for the rep and tips. Like I said still not done. I've got some more detail work I want to do. Next project log should be up soon. I had some difficulties up loading it, guess there was a glitch in the matrix.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.