Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, after much looking at the SM codex and consulting the rule book then searching the site for more info, I cannot figure out how people are equiping their CC scouts with a Teleport Homer for incoming assault troops. The codex states only termies may be equipped with one, and I can give my sgt Termie honors, does that allow him to carry the TH then or do I then have to give him Termie armor as well. Thanks for the help

·
Super Moderator
5,719 Posts
If they are using the vanilla Space Marine codex Scouts may only have a Homer which only works for termies. If they are using the Blood Angels codex their Scouts may take a Locator Beacon which works for all Deep Strikers.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You tried looking on p134?

Scout squad. OPTIONS:
"... The Scout Sergeant may take ... - teleport homer ... +xxpts"

Conversely, Terminator squads MAY NOT take teleport homers as there is no option for them to take them.
I am assuming pg 134 of the BRB?
No, I don't own the BRB, all I have is the pocket rulebook

In the vanilla SM Codex, the Teleport Homer entry has a small T which means it may be taken by terminators only. The Scout entry simply states that the Sgt may take Termie honors for +13 pts. Neither entry clarifies whether the Sgt must be wearing termie armor for him to carry it.

Sorry to drag out the point but I'm working on my first list for a vanilla SM army and don't want to get rules lawyered out of the bldg when I walk in. Thanks

·
WFB Moderator
8,248 Posts
The little rulebook has the exact same page numbers and rules as the big one.. just not the fluff entries at the end.

It sounds like you are using an old version of the SM codex. There was a new one out about 2 years back which didnt have an armoury, and doesnt have terminator honours in.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
I am assuming pg 134 of the BRB?
No, I don't own the BRB, all I have is the pocket rulebook
You assume wrong.
No, I was referring to p134 of the space marine codex for 5th edition.

In the vanilla SM Codex, the Teleport Homer entry has a small T which means it may be taken by terminators only. The Scout entry simply states that the Sgt may take Termie honors for +13 pts. Neither entry clarifies whether the Sgt must be wearing termie armor for him to carry it.

Sorry to drag out the point but I'm working on my first list for a vanilla SM army and don't want to get rules lawyered out of the bldg when I walk in. Thanks
You might be using the previous codex. How do you tell?
Do you have an Ironclad dread under Elites?
Land Raider Redeemer under Heavy support?

If the answer to all of these is 'NO', then you are using the old one and this is why what people are saying makes no sense.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have an old codex, even though the copyright is 2006 it must be 4th edition. Damn.....

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
cool, i'll compare that to mine when I get home from work this morning. Thanks again guys, no wonder i sounded like a friggin idiot..... :headbutt:

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts