Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
What do you mean? If you mean say a new lighter dreadnought that can scout I like the idea. But if you mean current dreadnoughts scouting, they are too bulky and slow. If you mean scouts put in dreadnoughts I'd say no as there are far too many more experienced candidates for dreadnoughthood.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
a new lighter dreadnought that can scout, kinda like the IG sentinals .. but with limited weaponry and movement

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Why limited movement? Give it less weaponry, front armour 11, S5, move through cover, and no weapons in dreadnought close combat weapon, with only lighter weapon option (like one lascannon/autocannon not 2, twinlinked plasma gun instead of plasma cannon).

·
Banned
677 Posts
I see something like a mix between a tau mobile suit and power armor.

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
I would say no. Dreadnaughts are crewed by veterans greviously injured in battle and are used for there inspiring effect for nearby troops and for the combat well, awsomessness basically. They are completely unsuited to scout warfare.

Anyway scouts can carry what they need to deal with any armoured targets in the way of the missile launcher/heavy bolter. There role is also one that observes and only takes out what they can. The mobility of a Space Marine force means that any target can usually be taken out by a Tactical Squad. Scouts are there to find the targets.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts