1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Febris Militarius
919 Posts
I'm gonna go with bear, I love the idea, just heads are to big for the models.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok, but they are heads in a helmet.... correct, your head would look out of proportion in a motor cycle helmet, or even a football helmet without any of the other padding.... that is usually how i answer the "scale" issue. they do not have the rest of the "power armor" like full fledged battle brothers.

The big thing people like to complain about is that the scouts would never wear helmets.....?

·
Registered
164 Posts
I think it is a very interesting idea and definitely gives your guys a completely new edge. I do agree that they look disporportional but then again they would have big heads if they had a giant armored helmet on... I like them and I definitely like the idea... Great Job!

·
Registered
81 Posts
While I like the idea I do think the proportions are a bit off. I know yes a helmet would make your head bigger. But the idea is what looks good, and the concept is sound. But I think they look kind of silly.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yes they are disproportional, yes you would be too if you wore a motorcycle helmet with normal clothes, but why wear a motorcycle helmet to go jogging? Don't get me wrong they look pretty cool, and nice paint job on em but scouts with tactical helmets makes me wonder why would they stop at the head to armor heavilly? Just my half a cent.

·
Febris Militarius
919 Posts
Try the heads from say the valkyrie gunners, smaller helm and has a visor, seems more "scout like" and is smaller.

·
Angryman
4,304 Posts
The third one looks pretty good. Get some full front and profile shots up. It will give us a better idea.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes they are disproportional, yes you would be too if you wore a motorcycle helmet with normal clothes, but why wear a motorcycle helmet to go jogging? Don't get me wrong they look pretty cool, and nice paint job on em but scouts with tactical helmets makes me wonder why would they stop at the head to armor heavilly? Just my half a cent.
they are using the air filters on the helmet(s)? my thinking anyways. :grin:

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
They sort of remind me of storm troopers (ala star wars) with what at first appears to be an oversized helmet. I like them a lot and its a good idea. The only model I am not too keen on is the sergeant. His pose looks a little off and from the angels we have been shown, looks like he is about to tople backwards.

Welcome to Heresy by the way.

·
Registered
458 Posts
A bit too out of proportion for me. I've seen scouts with kasrkin helmets, which look very cool. Even the normal IG helmeted head looks good. There's a thread on here somewhere with scout bikers with IG heads counting as rough riders.
Thats exactly what I was thinking, the karskin heads would look real good on scouts.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I like the painting you have done. The highlighting around the eyes is pretty decent (although I'm not a fan of highlights really). I like how the fatigues are somewhat mottled, looks interesting. As for the pose of the Sgt. I think that lies with GW as they are metal (as far as I can tell). I personally don't think its off. Have some rep to welcome you to Heresy Online.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks guys! I have been sticking with it actually, those pics are about three or four years old, i have another ten just like them, though they are plastic so the converting was a bit easier. they haven't been completely painted yet so no pics. Yes the sarg is a GW pewter model... some Dark Angel special character from days gone by.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Yes. The helmets of my death brigade (sig) are Knights of Chaos on Cadian torsos and look a bit on the big side. But I don't care. Its personal preference and you're the one who bought the models. As for the Scout Sgt. I believe he was a character in the Storm of Vengeance DA vs Ork publication (also can be downloaded here) but that's stretching my memory a bit.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Hey! I have thought of that before!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts