Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've ben looking at these units and they seem to me that they could be very usefull if used carefully. Does anyone have any experiance with these guys?

The rest of my army is this:

Kahn on Moondrakken

Full bike squad with 2 Flamers, Power Weapon and MM Attack Bike

3x Typhoon

1 Tactical Squad w/ Flamer ML Telehomer Rhino and EA

2 X Lasauto preds

Deepstriking/outflanking Termies + Cyclone ML

I was thinking of dropping a Typhoon, the EA and Telehomer for a small 4 strong squad with 3 Astartes Grenade Launchers. These guys could outflank or scout move into position to bring the Termies down on target. I would try to keep them out of they way of fire where possible and sneak up behind tanks to put S6 shots into the back. Also the Cluster Mines could be a mild annoyance for objective campers.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
or use them to harass low armor troops and support any charges. thats how i used my scout bikers before i atarted DA

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At 4 models with no special cc weapons I would be reluctant to send them into combat but it would help in a pinch I guess,

Any other ideas?

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Shameless bump, seriously, does nobody use these guys?

·
Registered
256 Posts
They work well in a drop pod list with beacons. Between the scout move and turbo they can be pretty much anywhere you need them to be at the start of the game and you then have no scatter pods first turn.

·
Bleh
3,785 Posts
I usually use them in 5 man strong squads, with 2 grenade launchers. Pretty effective when used well. Just keep 'em where they won't get shot to shit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts