Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all,

The other day I bought two Space Marine Scout Bikers with another coming soon, now liking the look of them and reading about them in the codex and in an issue of White Dwarf talking about them, they sounded great in combat and as reconnaissance soldiers, I immediately got them for my Dark Angels force.
But the only thing is, how should i field and use them?
If you can help it'll be great thanks! :victory:

The Warhound

·
Registered
221 Posts
I'm looking to add a squad with a locater and use them to deep strike my terminator squad w/ assault cannon for some turn 2 loota killen.

And if you don't mind I’d like to add a question to this topic, are the grenade launcher upgrades worth it? They seam so cool, I mean it’s a relentless rapid fire blast weapon! Come on! :p

·
Bleh
3,785 Posts
They are very very useful in the SM codex, loaded with a locator beacon and their scout move, they can get deep into enemy territory, and deep strike around them, meaning you can drop tougher forces down with them.

My personal faviroute is putting the scouts into cover, then come turn 2, move them out of cover into the open and rolling for deep strike (hoping for a good results...), usually being Terminators, I always deep strike the Shooty ones, since they pack more of a punch.

Otherwise, for me personally, they don't serve much more of a purpose :p

EDIT: I also NEVER have them less then 5 man strong. Since they are easy targets :p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts