Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Great Unclean One
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate to appear like a company shill, toiling GW servitor that I am, but I saw this today on the website and it does actually seem to be a decent deal: the Tempestus Firebase

£198' worth of scenery for £150, seems like a good deal for any sceneryaholics out there.

HTH

·
Registered
992 Posts
The price savings on the Xmas bundles has been pretty nice so far. The firebase bundle is a nice looking set, although I would be far more likely to spend money on it if I [wasn't a skinflint] played a more static imperial army.

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
This is a nice looking piece of scenary and that's a really good saving.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I couldn't resist it and got it so my wife can give it to me for Christmas :)

·
Great Unclean One
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hell, if the Aquila and some of the other bits weren't encrusted with so much Imperial detail (that would be very hard to alter/obliterate/deface/whatever to make it count as Chaos fortifications/scenery) I'd be all over this myself. I have already bought a Firestorm Redoubt since the quad-lascannon mounts are perfect for the Hydra conversions I have in mind, using a 1/35 scale Panzer IV Mobelwagen chassis as a base...

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
I'm thinking the same thing, chucked a thread up about it yesterday. Making a turret that fits on a Chimera chasis is easy, I've done that but finding something to work as the long barrelled autocannons is tricky. I'm thinking those lascannons would be perfect. Any chance of getting a comparrison shot next to a Space Marine or a IG autocannon svart?

·
Great Unclean One
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Dammit...I weakened last night and bought one. I'm sure I can find a way to Chaosify that stuff somehow, and given that I'd already bought a few of the Wall Of Martyrs bits...oh yeah. LOTS of Chaos scenery :grin:

Any chance of getting a comparison shot next to a Space Marine or an IG autocannon, Svart?
Sure, give me a hour or so on World of Warplanes (awesome fun, by the way, and free - from the people who brought you World of Tanks) and I'll see what I can do.

EDIT - here you go:

HTH

1 - 9 of 9 Posts