Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there, I have seen someone posted a thread with scenario's for helping people learn the game while keeping interest and was wondering if anyone had any tactics they use for doing so or a link to where the one I've seen was located. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
The main one I used to use when doing demos as an Outrider (using the old Dark Eldar/Space Marine starter set) was really simple. One objective, middle of a 4' x 4' board. Whoever controlled the objective won. Made them learn to move, shoot, and most likely do hth. Could run it in 30 minutes or less.

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
If you have some Planetstrike Crash & Burn markers (God I love the look of 'em) and some other bits and bobs you could slightly adapt one of the Battle for Macragge, I remember them starting small and then getting a bit bigger. I learnt with a cityfight at Warhammer World (On their amazing Tyranid/CoD board), I was Orks he was Marines, heavily balanced in my favour of course, but the objective was to capture the crashed shuttle. I won it as it's in a Cities of Death Ruin, upon which I deployed my Lootas and in which I deployed my 20 Sluggas. He had merely 10 Marines, just ran 'em forward blasting his bolters at my sluggaz (in cover, so he hadn't a hope in hell of killing them all) before sitting on the objective, within assault range, now down to 5 men from the Lootaz. The sluggaz charged, and obviously won. Great game (No, not just because I won)!

Midnight

1 - 3 of 3 Posts