Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me or does the 40k scatter die seem weighted? Just seemed odd that templates would scatter so much with a 2-1 ratio of arrows over hits yet in games I tend not to get too many scatter results. Even when i pick up the scatter die with other dice it just seems to feel off, or is that just me?:headbutt:

·
Registered
164 Posts
No I totally agree... It probably isn't true that it's weighted but I've felt it too. I tend to scatter way more than I could ever just hit. Don't worry I know a few people that agree with you... YOU'RE NOT ALONE! lol

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Sometimes you roll well sometimes you roll poorly. Besides what are you going to do? Complain to gw that the dice they make is weighted.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im more of asking if the die may be intentionally weighted when made just seems odd that a missle launcher used by a professional soldier would scatter more than it would hit on target. since the ration on the die is 4 misses to 2 hits after all.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Im more of asking if the die may be intentionally weighted when made just seems odd that a missle launcher used by a professional soldier would scatter more than it would hit on target. since the ration on the die is 4 misses to 2 hits after all.
Every dice is inevitably weighted just a little, but this difference would be negligible.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
still seems like its in favor of going all over, its why i dont use space marine and havok templates 2d6-4 means a scatter of at least 3 inches on average

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
I have scatter dye hacks. I have a system with my scatter dye that makes me RARELY miss

·
Registered
81 Posts
Just yesterday my opponent dropped a battle cannon shot so it covered a whole squad of Chaos Marines. He scattered so far he could only get one of them. And then he rolled a one to wound.

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
I get what you mean. The amount of hit to scatter (on the dice) ratio I get is rather questioning. Perhaps my new marines could use more templates!

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
A friend of mine (an IG tread head) had an opponent want to test his GW scatter die during a tournament game recently, simply because it was hitting so often :laugh: I don't blame him - while my friend's die is standard GW, he has the uncanny ability to hit far more than the averages should allow for with them, while I tend to scatter far more than should happen.

We actually tested it with the Fantasy Scatter and Artillery dice one day. He got 6 hits, 2 minimum scatters and a moderate scatter. I rolled the same dice, 4 misfires, 3 high scatters, a moderate scatter and one solitary hit. This is why he's the tread head (and warmachine buff in Fantasy), and I'm most certainly not :laugh:

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Probality is NOT fact.
If i flip a coin 100 time probability would say i get 50 head. Now try it your self...i beat you don't get exactly 50 heads. Thats why it's called Probality, it the change that it happens not that it will happen.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.