Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 40k universe is a scary place with all the planet corrupting daemons, star consuming gods and all, I just wondered how do you convey that terror through to your opponents on the battlefeld.

For me it has to be a mixture of carnifexes tooled up for maximum hits against the enamy.

and biovores, they a good way of keeping the enamy right where you want them.

How 'bout you

·
Registered
304 Posts
Pop shrike and assault termies together, infiltrate and watch the terror.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Leamon russ + plasma, thats scary :scare:
Shrik and terminators are preaty bad too, just slightly less so for me

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Dual Lash and Plague marines ins't 'scary' but you know you're in for a hard fight. Same with Mechar lists and triple rail heads.

Scary units though...hmm

Elzilla lists are always scary, especially at 1k and below.
Green tide can be visually intimidating.
Necron Phalanx.
Rhino spam.

To be fair, any well painted army, of whatever race, is very intimidating to face. As it shows that the person in control of the army knows how to play it well, has spend alot of time on it and most importantly, probably knows the weaknessess of his own army, and will look to explot yours.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I posted something like this earlier, but due to the fact that the IG unit "deathstrike missile launcher" does not have an official model, I would show up to a game with a 30 year old rusted up tonka truck with a 2 liter bottle of pop taped to it crudely labeled DETHSTRIKE MISLE

May work.

·
Super Moderator
10,976 Posts
Two Monoliths.

Easy, right, just phase them out?

Many have tried. Only two have succeeded.:biggrin:

·
Registered
247 Posts
Two Monoliths.

Easy, right, just phase them out?

Many have tried. Only two have succeeded.:biggrin:
I groan heavily whenever I see a monolith come into play. Melta does shit all against it, and my witch hunters aren't exactly las cannon heavy. The only thing that can do anything decent against it is my penitent engine, and that is generally blown up before it manages to get to it. :mad:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Haha, whenever people say scare tactics I think of a literal moral nightmare of a nightmare shroud ten pariah's and The Deceiver. But yeah, dropping monoliths on them tends to be more effective.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Generally, a field full of a spammed unit that is powerful. 3 railheads, 3 fire prisms, 9 oblits, 2-3 mono's, 3 vindicators, piles of Leman Russ'... just seeing spam of a single thing makes you think... well, I only planned to go against 1... not 3. Or in oblits case... 9.

Unit wise... Terms generally spark fear in people, as well as any MC like Avatar, Nightbringer, Fexes, Tyrgon.

No one does scare best though then horde lists though. Just seeing a board full of units and the thoughts of... how can I deal with all of that. Thats my definition of scare tactics.

·
Registered
377 Posts
To strike terror into the heart of the oponent, I have Hannah. Hannah is a Ball Peen hammer which I take out, and set on the side of the table, just so people don't get overly excited. People sometimes get more worried that im going to smash their models, or their face than on the actual game.

Cheating? I think not

Psychological warfare? Indeed

·
Registered
257 Posts
To strike terror into the heart of the oponent, I have Hannah. Hannah is a Ball Peen hammer which I take out, and set on the side of the table, just so people don't get overly excited. People sometimes get more worried that im going to smash their models, or their face than on the actual game.

Cheating? I think not

Psychological warfare? Indeed
THATS GREAT!!!! I'm going to start bring a hammer with me from now on. Who needs to field an army to intimidate... a single ball peen hammer sitting on the end of the table will strike more fear in people then any painted pieces of plastic.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Just be careful when you bring it out, some people will refuse to play you because you're using a weapon, i just always say its a good luck charm :p, and then they usually just accept it

1 - 20 of 34 Posts