Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was at gw playing with my necrons and doing my necron tactic turbo of boosting scarabs letting them soak up shots but a staff member says that I don't get my 2+ cover just a 5+ invulnerable. I look it up and it says I get the 3+ cover and with my stealth its 2+ but he says no,(looks at the book) ok they get a 3+ cover. what about stealth I say. He says they dont get stealth since there not in cover.

can you resolve this

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
i was at gw playing with my necrons and doing my necron tactic turbo boosting#
scarabs letting them soak up shots but a staff member says that i dont get my 2+ cover just a 5+ invulnerable i look it up and it says i get the 3+ cover and with my stealth its 2+ but he says no (looks at the book) ok they get a 3+ cover but what about stealth i say he says they dont get stealth since there not in cover

can you resolve this
Scarabs get a 2+ cover save from a turbo boost. Turbo = 3+ cover, stealth improves all cover saves by 1, making it 2+. You got screwed. :victory:

By the way: please could you help everyone by using punctuation? This is an English Language forum, your deviations are starting to stretch that to the limit.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
KK can you prove it this guy is really stubborn and wont let me use this rule until I get absolute proof.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Page 76 of the BRB. See the rule for Turbo Boost: it grants a 3+ cover save. Then go to page 19 of the Necron codex, Scarabs are a small targets and gain a +1 bonus to all cover saves.

A 4+ cover save would, therefore, become 3+.
A 3+ cover save would become 2+.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
KK can you prove it this guy is really stubborn and wont let me use this rule until I get absolute proof.
Show the guy the Big Rule Book page 53 and 77 and the Necron Codex. The rules are stated there. If the guy continues to be stubborn, talk to other staff members or talk to the guy you are playing and clear stuff up in advance. If you and your opponent agree, nothing the staff member says will have any affect on it.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Show the guy the Big Rule Book page 53 and 77 and the Necron Codex. The rules are stated there. If the guy continues to be stubborn, talk to other staff members or talk to the guy you are playing and clear stuff up in advance. If you and your opponent agree, nothing the staff member says will have any affect on it.

I showed him but he still says I shouldn't of argued with him even though he started it. I asked another member but he said "if *beep* says you automaticely loose you do if , he says that your necrons don't get back up they don't. He gets last say".

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Then your going to have to put it down to the guy being an asshole because he thinks he knows it all and move on.
You know your right and we know your right. Talk to your opponent and sort it out with her/him.

SGMAlice
Make rules with your opponent or find a new place to play. About your only two options. Some people like power and feel good when they abuse it.

·
Premium Member
5,719 Posts
What GW is it, I'll call them. I'd be happy to explain how fucking sales staff aren't required to know what they are selling and are usually wrong. The whole "don't argue with me" attitude proves it. They have an attitude, you have a rulebook.

Seriously, PM me the store location, I'll call them.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
My favourite part of this thread is where Necrons got dicked.

They're so op.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
My favourite part of this thread is where Necrons got dicked.

They're so op.
*chuckles to self*

... edit for content: seems like the GW employee was being a power-hungry tool and he is wrong. Talk to your opponent first and ignore the employee...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts