Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of constructing an Alpha legion demon prince who i have given a rather nice snake head (i will post in the WIP shortly).

Problem is of course the snake head has scales and the rest of the model doesnt. And right now the heads looking, rather unfortunately, out of place.

I was wondering if anyone has any ideas how to fashion scales or at least the scaly skin pattern out of Green stuff or someting similar to allow me to sort of scalify my princes skin.

None of my half brained ideas hold water and was wondering if anyone can come up with something different?

·
Powered by Squig Tea
7,589 Posts
I Have done some scales in the past for my own Alpha Legion, What sort of scales are they?

Fish type:

Or Flesh Hound type?

The fish type ones where the easier of the two but it all depends what was on your Snake head.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The scale pattern that is on the classic Chaos flesh hound sounds about right

Kudos on the fish scales by the way they look ace

·
Powered by Squig Tea
7,589 Posts
Thanks Cadian :) .

Alexander.

Righto Classic Flesh Hounds scales it is, theres no short cut for those then it is really a case of rolling out at thin layer of green and cutting it into little hexagonal and octaginal scales.

Its best to put the scales on the model when the green is still bendy so that they go rond the contors of the model.
If you do smaller scales at the head and increase the size as you move down the body it should look OK.

A handy thing to do is once you have scaled him up is to give the scaled area a wash with watered down PVA.
It helps 'blend' them into the body so that get no gaps between the body surface and the scales but leaves the scales seperated from each other . (Some times blowing hard on the wash moves it into the gaps you want and out of the bits you don't.)

I may be able to add more when I see the model in question.
Hope that helps a bit.

VV

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
K thanks for that, i'm spending all of taday on getting the legs finished and should post it up later hopefully to see what you think.

fingers crossed

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Still having a bit of trouble getting the pics up from my slooooow laptop. Which sucks a whole lot. anyone know how i get pics into my post? Should i read somewhere on another thread?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Change the round brackets to square ones:
(img)url of your picture(/img)

That should do it. I'm assuming that you're uploading the pictures online somewhere? I don't know how you'd do it otherwise.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts