Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my question:

Does the 8th Ed rule that states a Standard Bearer (SB) in a unit is removed if the unit flees from combat also cover Battle SBs (BSB)?

The reason I ask is because in the section about BSBs it states that the reroll given by the Battle Standard is not available if the BSB is fleeing. Also I would not consider the BSB (as a character) to be as easily killed/left behind. Also the death of a 2+ wound character, because the unit didn't make a panic test, seems a little harsh.

Also, since I don't have my rulebook in front of me, is the SB treated as a casualty, or is it just replaced with a "normal" guy?

Thanks in Advance.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
From what I can remember you just lose any benefits from the std bearers and bsb's banner including any magic effects.
They drop the banners and run so you don't lose any men just the banners.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Page 107 of the rule book states that with battle standard bearers and standard bearers:

"As with other standard bearers, the battle standard bearer is automatically killed if he flees from combat-he dies on his feet, defending the precious standard to his last breath."

·
Registered
443 Posts
"As with other standard bearers, the battle standard bearer is automatically killed if he flees from combat-he dies on his feet, defending the precious standard to his last breath."
Important distinction there. They are only slain when breaking from combat. However, they can flee for other reasons, like failing Panic tests (twice). That's why the rules discuss situations involving a fleeing BSB.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Page 107 of the rule book states that with battle standard bearers and standard bearers:

He dies, but someone takes the banner right? I thought the standard bearer was the last model to be removed= to represent someone else picking up the banner.

·
WFB Moderator
8,248 Posts
No, just like before if you broke and run you dropped the banner (but the guy survives), this time he doesnt drop the banner but he isnt swift enough to carry it away, so they bravely face the enemy and get slaughtered, so the banner is destroyed/lost.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts